Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new dog

this is Charlie, a rescued pit bull lab mix? He was in a program in Illinois that placed him in prison where a prisoner was supposed to train him and he was supposed to socialize the prisoner or something like that. Then he was rescued from that and spent a long time in a cage in a barn in Green Bay. He's only 2 years old so he's spent most of his life behind bars. So long story i end up with him, i was a little heistant about a pit mix, but my other dog is probably a mastiff/boxer mix and is very nurturing. The two of them get along so good, i've taken him to dog parks and other than a run in with a pack of bloodhounds he has been very good. He has learned to walk away from aggressive dogs, he didn't when i got him. He's 55 lbs of energy and is very affectionate. I'm very happy with him.

charlie.jpg

Wood1954,

What a good looking dog and thank you for rescuing him! It is such a shame that these poor babies have such a bad stigma attached to them. Pitbulls on not a bad dog.

Geek he is adorable, .....oh sorry, Geek he looks so ferocious

he IS a cutie but trouble maker sometimes....grrrr

He's bitten many here and there,,,he likes to "snap" easily but he knows I AM his boss so he does not mess with me..:ft

BTW - Looking forward to hear from Dan on this topic, his dog looks like mine so I want to know how his behaves...:D

He looks ticked off that you took his pic!!!

No, he's just peeved that I combed his hair first! :)

Really, that's just a steady "What ya doin'?" look.

How about ol' Teardrop? She's a sweetie...

Last edited:
Geek, Sammie is a teddy bear and love to lay on anyone. She barks if someone comes over but settles quickly. She'll chew on my pants legg or socks but never tried to nip anyone.

Thursday we took our little girl Misty to the vet . I waited outside with our other dog Bree , when the little lady came out and crossed the street with Misty , I could see tears in her eyes . Misty was diagnosed with cancer of the uterus . It`s breaking our hearts knowing her time is limited . She has been a great dog and has made us laugh so many times . When we got Misty from the rescue , she was 10 months old , she just turned 10 yrs old a couple months ago . We are so glad to have been the ones chosen to give Misty her forever home . This is our little girl Misty .
232323232%7Ffp54355%3Enu%3D8695%3E45%3A%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3666%3A3359%3B34%3Bnu0mrj

Last edited:
2PUPS, I am so sorry to hear about Misty. I can only imagine what you are going through right now. I truly believe the only downside to having a pet is losing it. You should take comfort in knowing that you gave her 10 wonderful years that she may not have otherwise had.

2pups I am so sorry to hear this. I dread the day I lose one of ours.

Very sorry to hear about Misty, 2Pups. I lost my Golden three years ago to cancer. Still seems like yesterday. 10 years is a good run, and I'm sure it's been wonderful for both you and Misty.

Thanks for the support , means alot . She has been a joy to have and brought us many laughs and smiles , and still does with her quirky ways . I dread the day we have to put her down , which I know is coming , we will keep her as long as possible , without putting her through any pain .

Nice looking dog, GaDawg. Oscar looks like he makes an awesome pal.

Thanks Julie, I got him after I retired and he is my constant companion.

Back