Yeast reccomendations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleydmn

Reaction score
This year I am getting Chilean juice and also a lug of grapes for each batch. I am getting a bucket of Cab Franc and a Pinot Noir. What would be the best yeast to get for these? Also what MLB would you recommend? Excited cant wait for there arrival.

I would use BM45 for both the Cab Franc and the Pinot Noir, is used on red varieties to contribute jam, spice and earthy elements, . Good colour stability and helps to
minimize vegetative characters, if not RC212
Malolactic - LALVIN 31 or VP41
Malolactic for Pinot Noir - PN4- he PN4 bacteria was isolated from a spontaneous malolactic fermentation in a Pinot noir if you can find it.

Assmanshausen and Rc212 is the accepted standard when making Pinot Noir, RC212 can be used with Cab Franc. You can also go O natural as well. I will be getting Chilean pinot noir this year. I will be using both AM and RC on separate batches.

Check out this link for information, the best I have found on the web for pinot noir
http://www.brsquared.org/wine/Articles/Pinot.htm

Thanks for the links and info. I am thinking about using the amh for the pinot noir and d80for the cab franc

Back