Wish me luck

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frohe

Never Drink Alone
Reaction score
My wife is an Amaretto nut so I told her I would try to make her some Amaretto wine by fermenting a batch of Welch's White Grape Concentrate then back-flavoring it with Amaretto til she says it's flavored like she wants.

I have my fingers crossed that this'll work. There's nuttin like a happy wife. :spm

Last edited:
My wife is an Amaretto nut so I told her I would try to make her some Amaretto wine by fermenting a batch of Welch's White Grape Concentrate then back-flavoring it with Amaretto til she says it's flavored like she wants.

I have my fingers crossed that this'll work. There's nuttin like a happy wife. :spm

Alright... The wine's at SG 0.995 and stabilized. Time for a trip to the liquor store for a bottle of Amaretto.

I agree with Dan - i would add small amounts in - as you can always add more in - but you can't remove it :h

Good luck there Frhoe. Do you have a small beaker with ml increments on it that you can test the blending with?

I have a measuring cup that's marked in ml. The key is to go slow, letting things mellow together over a couple of days. Course, the wife may grow impatient. :h

Houston the Eagle has landed! This amaretto wine kicks butt (according to the wife). Here's how it went down...

I made a batch of Welch's white grape concentrate wine. Starting SG was 1.100. It was in the primary for 5 days til the SG hit 1.040. Tranferred it over to a secondary with airlock until the fermentation stopped and settled at a SG of 0.990 (14% ABV). Racked it and let it sit until it was clear before adding the amaretto; slowly of course not to overdo things. Well, the wife gave her 2 thunbs up when I had added a pint of amaretto.

She's happy; I'm happy.

awesome!

Glad to hear it turned out. Do you mind posting your recipe? I make Welch's wine all the time and was curious as to what all you added. Acid Blend, Pectic Enzyme, Nutrient, etc?

Thanks!

Houston the Eagle has landed! This amaretto wine kicks butt (according to the wife). Here's how it went down...

I made a batch of Welch's white grape concentrate wine. Starting SG was 1.100. It was in the primary for 5 days til the SG hit 1.040. Tranferred it over to a secondary with airlock until the fermentation stopped and settled at a SG of 0.990 (14% ABV). Racked it and let it sit until it was clear before adding the amaretto; slowly of course not to overdo things. Well, the wife gave her 2 thunbs up when I had added a pint of amaretto.

She's happy; I'm happy.

YaHooooo another happy customer!:br

great work. I too would love the recipe. My mom loves Amaretto and I would love to make her a batch for her B - Day

awesome!

Glad to hear it turned out. Do you mind posting your recipe? I make Welch's wine all the time and was curious as to what all you added. Acid Blend, Pectic Enzyme, Nutrient, etc?

Thanks!

Here ya go. Hope you enjoy it if you make it. I've started another batch, 5 gallons this time. This recipe is for a 1 gallon batch. I do all my wines in 1 gallon test batches and then move to 5 gallons if I like what I made.

3 cans welch's 100% frozen white grape concentrate
sugar to raise SG to 1.100
2 tsp acid blend
1 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1 gallon water
Red Star Pasteur Champagne yeast
1 pint Amaretto

Clean and sterilize all equipment!

Bring 2 quarts of water to boil and dissolve the sugar in the water. Remove from heat and stir in frozen concentrate. Pour into primary and add additional water to make 1 gallon. Add remaining ingredients except yeast and Amaretto. Cover with towel fastened with rubber band and set aside 12 hours. Add activated wine yeast and re-cover with towel. When SG reaches 1.040 (3-5 days), transfer to secondary, top up and fit airlock. Wait 30 days. If SG is 0.995 or lower for 3 straight days, stabilize, add Amaretto to taste and let clear before bottling.

Latest posts

Back