An orphan at 65

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 106146
Pic of mom when she came out with us to help as we moved here to Cottonwood in the dead of a winter storm. We had no furniture, kitchenware or spare clothes for a week while waiting for the moving truck to show up. Made do with stuff bought from walmart and goodwill and had more fun than would ever had been expected. Her joyful and positive nature will live on in those of us who knew her.

2 years ago my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer. 5 days ago she passed away. She survived much longer than ever expected. While we were working our way back from our vacation my brother called to say she decided she was done with all of the treatments but wanted hospice involved so she could stay at home but not be in any pain. We were able to be with her for the last few days, say we love you, hug and listen to a few of her last wishes before she was sedated pretty much 24 hours a day. The one thing that brings us comfort is knowing she was tired of the fight and ready to rest.

Tell your loved ones you love them, do it often, you may not be as fortunate to have the chance when the time comes.

I haven’t abandoned the group, even though it may seem so lately, just wanted to explain why I’ve been MIA and that I’ll be back after everything is handled towards the end of the month.
Sorry for your loss! Noubliez Jamais, Never forget.

Latest posts

Back