wine skin pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sailavie

sailavie
Reaction score
It looks like my local distributor isn't going to be carrying whole Chilean grapes this year, so I'd like to add a crush pack to any red juice I buy. Where would you recommend I get the crush packs? Or do people know of any distributors in the Chicago area that will be carrying whole grapes?

Thanks!
Dan

Hope this helps you out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIOR-D-UVA-crushed-grape-pack-4-bags-CHOOSE-YOUR-STYLE-/180839874434?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_210&hash=item2a1ae57f82

Daniel

Thanks for the pointers - I didn't think about checking out ebay - next time I will. I agree $18/pack is a pretty good price.

I found out today that http://bev-art.com/ is working to get some Cab and Malbec - and that's what I hope to get. This time I'll freeze some of the crush in case I need it in the future.

Thanks again!

Flem, I was wondering hat same thing. Buying remember seeing those a few months ago making me think they are in constant production. I'm all set for the chillean juice. But I will need them for this fall.

Does anyone know more about the Fior D'uva product? It appears to be about 22 pounds of crushed grape material for $75, which does seem a little high, unless the water in the product has been reduced. Anyone ever used this product?

My local brew store sells them for $24 a pack. I'll ask them sometime this weekend if they are any good, and what the shelf life is.

I did look at them quickly the last time I was there, and it seems almost like jam.

. Each pack is 2.5 kilos.

Does anyone know more about the Fior D'uva product? It appears to be about 22 pounds of crushed grape material for $75, which does seem a little high, unless the water in the product has been reduced. Anyone ever used this product?

The individual packs are 2.5 kg which is 5.5 pounds. They sell here for $18. I added half a pack of merlot skins to a RJS Italian Chianti Riserva. It has only been a couple months and is bulk aging so I don't have any opinion of what it added to the kit. I also don't have a kit made without the grape pack to compare it to.

Back