Wine of the week

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Sunday nights. There's usually a good meal here!
smiley36.gif
This week was Swiss Linguine Casserole, asalad with Ceasar dressing and Feta cheese, and some of Pepere's Green Apple Riesling to wash it all down.
20061203_190143_Swiss_Linguine_.jpg

Pepere, I could sure drink some more of that wine! Good thing we only got a short bottle!
smiley5.gif
It's sweet without being too sweet and didn't over power dinner. Bert found a hint of pear in the aroma. I just call it all around intoxicating!
smiley3.gif

20061203_190648_Wine_6.jpg

Edited by: PolishWineP

PWP,

That casserole looks great! All I had today was Asagio Chicken from Olive Garden (my wife's treat!) The kids were putting together fruit baskets with the Church and my honey and me had the afternoon to ourselves. That really looks good!

PWP:

The meal looks awesome!!
smiley32.gif
Sorry we don't live closer for an invite to that dinner I'd have brought a couple of bottles eh?

The G A Riesling is one of the wifes very favorite wines. I added 2.5lbs of extra sugar and used only half the "F" pack.

I suspect the next time I venture another batch if I were youI'd keep an eye out for the guy in "Brown Shorts"
smiley2.gif

That's a big jump across the key board from "s" to "L". How much of the bottle did "Poor Bert" get ?

I really thought it was meant to be Swill....thought maybe you didn't like it...so named it that way....funny!!!

Angell Wine said:
That's a big jump across the key board from "s" to "L". How much of the bottle did "Poor Bert" get ?
ROFLMAO!
smiley36.gif
Poor Bert got his share of that bottle. There is a logic to it. Both the S and the L are both typed with the ring finger, I just used the wrong hand. You should have seen it before I originally posted it!
smiley9.gif
It was a real mess!
smiley5.gif

I'll just have to keep better track of the number of glasses she has...
smiley2.gif
...If you refill your glass before it is empty does that count as one glass or two???
I think the extra sugar was just fine Pepere.

Just don't count. It always breaks my concretion on the matters at hand. Drinking good wine !!

Bert, I tried to talk the other half into giving up a 750 of the G.A. Riesling.........it was no go.
smiley6.gif

I was informed that we didn't have much left and I could make another batch after the Holiday's. Guess I'llhave to wait 'till then. Oh well!

She just looked over my shoulder at this post and said we had 2 bottles left and unless I have the opener in hand she wouldn't tell me where she hid them.
smiley5.gif

PepereEdited by: Pepere

Pepere; you know how the other half is always looking out for our best interest....how can we go wrong..
smiley2.gif

PWP! Where did you get those dishes and matching placemats? I think I might cry because I have not been receiving the notifications of new posts for this wall!!
smiley19.gif

Sorry LeiniePrincess,
I've been on the run lately and haven't been able to get much time on the forum.
I got the dishes and mats at Hugo's, a grocery chain in the area. They were really fun and I really liked them, so I started buying. A friend who is really into dishes saw what I was buying and gave me salt & pepper and a candle holder to go with them!
smiley4.gif

Maybe you could stop up for dinner some night and when you're "in the area" and we could use those! Heck, we'd even do a wine of the week if you show up!

Today was such a busy day for this princess! I finished the last of my Christmas cards, finished decorating the tree and wrapped gifts to put under it! I'm exhausted!
smiley12.gif

But I did manage to cook supper. It was tacos and rice. I love tacos! Hard shell, all the way! We had a commercial wine tonight!
smiley3.gif
Carl Sittmann, a Mosel River Riesling. This is one of our regular commercial wines. The first time we bought it for the pretty blue bottle, but now we buy it for the wine in the bottle. It stands up to most anything you throw at it.
smiley36.gif

20061217_190256_December_times_.jpg

So glad to be going back to work tomorrow so I can get some rest!
smiley36.gif

Edited by: PolishWineP

Back