Wine has separated

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Making 5 gallons of Blueberry/White Grape wine and I am seeing something that I've never seen before. The wine has separated white on top and the blue/purple on bottom. Any ideas?

Were they fermented together or a blend after fermenting? I have no clue what it is, but would be interesting to find out. Pics please!

Is it done fermenting at this point cause if so this is normal and its starting to clear.

Can you send a Picture and more details on how you made this? Is this just part of the clearing process? Is this from frozen concentrate or fresh fruit?

I just started it today, like i said I have never seen anything like this. As far as blending them, it was concentrate from the San Antonio Brewery.

My bad this batch was from frozen concentrate. It was 100% Blueberry juice and 100% white grape. I used 1 blueberry (makes 48 oz.) and 2 (white grape, also 48 oz. each) I used my normal 7 1/2 lbs of sugar and 3 1/2 - 4 gallons of spring water and the general purpose Lavlin yeast (cant remember the numbers). Boiled water, added sugar, added frozen concentrate, let cool then added yeast. It is currently in my primary and you can hear it fizzing away. It also has a bit of froth on the top.

Did you stir it with a spoon or drill mixer as the spoon doesnt do a good job usually.

Latest posts

Back