Wine and Diabetes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you thoughts on wine and diabetes? I have sugar but, I love sweet wines. It hard to get used to drier wines, but I guess you can learn to like them. Does alcohol affect any bodies sugar? Just was thinking about it.

Dave

One thing You might try is to ferment to dry and back sweeten with Xylo(dont know if i spelled it right) It doesnt have the funny aftertaste of the other artifical sweeteners.

Here is another idea, contact Walkers Fruit & Juice. The owner has been doing experiments with backsweetening with Splenda. He has actually won Winemaker Magazine awards with these Splenda wines. Give him a shout.

This is what Walkers is using. They told me they do not add any sorbate either when using it. It comes in a bunch of different flavors. You can usually find it at the grocery store in the coffee department. Sams club also sells it.

Da Vinci » SUGAR FREE Blueberry Syrup with Splenda®

All of Da Vinci's Sugar Free flavors are Fat Free, Carb Free and Sugar Free! Great for shakes, smoothies and Italian Sodas.

Thatcher's Wacky Cider.

I'm a Diabetic type 2 (late onset) insulin by self injection and my drink of choice is rough cider. In my local pub they sell what we call "Wacky" it resembles orange juice !

I telephoned the cidermakers to see how much sugar there was in their wacky cider and the chap said hardy any at all. So 'fill yer boots'. Cheers, Tony.

P.S. The American Museum in Bath is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. I must pop along and 'ave a shufti'. Cheers, Tony.

Yes It is very serious problem .My opinion In heart affect . You should check with your Dr on the wine effect with your health condition.

Latest posts

Back