Other Williams Brewing Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The color of my Williams Brewing Company Malbec is still God-awful, maybe God-awfuller. I am considering adding food coloring.

I would send a picture to Williams Brewing and ask if this is normal. You may have a bad kit. The version I made never presented a color anywhere close to that one.

Roger, Wilco! (Do you get that a lot?)

I sent them an email and pictures and asked for feedback. I will be interested in what I hear in return. Thanks for the suggestion.

I sent them an email and pictures and asked for feedback. I will be interested in what I hear in return. Thanks for the suggestion.

If they suggest letting it clear before deciding what to do with it, I suppose that's fair. But, if it's still not right after clearing and their response is anything other than, "No, that's not right. How about we send you another kit first thing in the morning to make up for it?", well - Williams Brewing will be off my list of possible kit for the future.

If they suggest letting it clear before deciding what to do with it, I suppose that's fair. But, if it's still not right after clearing and their response is anything other than, "No, that's not right. How about we send you another kit first thing in the morning to make up for it?", well - Williams Brewing will be off my list of possible kit for the future.

Jgmann67, I am pleased to tell you that you can keep Williams Brewing Company on your list. Here is the response that I received today (and I did not ask that they replace the kit, I only asked if they could tell me what happened and if anyone else had had this problem). This is excellent customer service:

"I can definitely agree with you that the color looks too light in the carboy on the left. In years past there have been occasional cans of concentrate from our supplier that have been lighter than normal in color. Our guess was that they accidentally sent us some other variety in our shipment. That is my only guess with your Malbec kit from us. We haven’t heard of anything happening recently though. I am hoping it is an isolated incident.

I am going to send you another Malbec kit, let us know if this one has any problems, when you put it into the fermenter.

As for the lighter colored stuff, I cannot say what type of juice it is but if it tastes good it may be worth finishing and bottling rather than dumping.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Tom

William's Brewing Customer Support
2088 Burroughs Avenue
San Leandro CA 94577
[email protected]
www.williamsbrewing.com"

That and Roger, Roger!

Glad to hear they are taking care of the kit. They are certainly a stand up company and always seem to take care of the customers. Good luck with round two.

I completely forgot about this thread. How is the new batch working out? Williams has always been a good company in the beer making world, so I'm not surprised they replaced your juice.

Jgmann67, I am pleased to tell you that you can keep Williams Brewing Company on your list. Here is the response that I received today (and I did not ask that they replace the kit, I only asked if they could tell me what happened and if anyone else had had this problem). This is excellent customer service:

"I can definitely agree with you that the color looks too light in the carboy on the left. In years past there have been occasional cans of concentrate from our supplier that have been lighter than normal in color. Our guess was that they accidentally sent us some other variety in our shipment. That is my only guess with your Malbec kit from us. We haven’t heard of anything happening recently though. I am hoping it is an isolated incident.

I am going to send you another Malbec kit, let us know if this one has any problems, when you put it into the fermenter.

As for the lighter colored stuff, I cannot say what type of juice it is but if it tastes good it may be worth finishing and bottling rather than dumping.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Tom

William's Brewing Customer Support
2088 Burroughs Avenue
San Leandro CA 94577
[email protected]
www.williamsbrewing.com"

Limulus, I will have to delay giving you the final outcome of this issue. I am currently in Florida and will not be back to Ohio until the first of March. However, I did not trash the wine but decided to let it go and see what happens. I also did some tweaking but I cannot give you the details of the tweaks because I am away from the stand alone computer that has that data. I can say that when I left in December, the wine had improved remarkably. The color became deeper and the taste (after the tweaks) was "not bad." I would not say it was one of my best reds but it is certainly drinkable. It is definitely improving and if this continues, I plan to reimburse Williams for the replacement kit that they sent.

Limulus, I will have to delay giving you the final outcome of this issue. I am currently in Florida and will not be back to Ohio until the first of March. However, I did not trash the wine but decided to let it go and see what happens. I also did some tweaking but I cannot give you the details of the tweaks because I am away from the stand alone computer that has that data. I can say that when I left in December, the wine had improved remarkably. The color became deeper and the taste (after the tweaks) was "not bad." I would not say it was one of my best reds but it is certainly drinkable. It is definitely improving and if this continues, I plan to reimburse Williams for the replacement kit that they sent.
Any updates?

Latest posts

Back