Will Adding Grape Juice Change Taste?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannew

Reaction score
I know that adding grape juice, like Welch's, will increase the alcohol, but will it change the taste of the wine?

short answer, probably.

Long answer, amount of alcohol is directly proportional to the sugar/yeast in your must. As far as taste, it depends on what else you used to make it. If you were using grape juice to begin with, it obviously wouldnt change the flavor.

a noticeable change would happen if your adding it to something really different from what you have. As far as I'm concerned you add anything to your wine it will change the taste no matter what it is even if it's plain water or non-flavored liquor whether anyone can tell, that's a different matter. In fact if no one has tasted it other than you then you should be the only one who'll be able to tell the difference

Last edited:
Welch's has regular grape juice and white grape juice. So if one stuck with grape for grape and white for white wine, than maybe you wouldn't notice any taste difference?

well if your making wine from welch's regular grape or white grape then probly not much of a noticeable difference

I was planning to add a litre to a Winexpert Island Mist kit to up the alcohol.

Before fermentation or during the early stage of fermentation, to up the alcohol, you add simple syrup (sugar and water). That is done often for the mist kits and other low alcohol summer wine kits.

Latest posts

Back