Wild Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they are marbles. I dont have a stopper small enough for a wine bottle, and im not wasting a drop or adding water!
smiley36.gif

Got the pm, thanks Swill!Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

20070819_053939_wilddone_Small.jpg

Fermentation done on the WWJD 1st batch, looks like its going to be a full bodied wine if nothing else. Looking forward to giving it a try.
20070819_054144_cotesgoingon_Sm.jpg

Secondary still plugging along on the Cotes batch, truly different color than the first batch, different area grapes were harvested from.
20070819_054352_zucs_Small.jpg

Full carboys lead to adventures elsewhere, pickled some zucchini last night, never tried this either, what an adventure. Strawberry jelly and canning tomato's today, hopefully a break from the rain long enough gather a few wine ingredients today.

Never tried pickled zucchini, sounds very good though. Wines are looking good.

JW, meet me at the MN/SD border when I drive to Texas for WineStock and I'll pick up your wines for the contest and a jar or 2 of pickles for snacking on in the car on the way down there. Those look great!
smiley4.gif

20070819_175244_maters_Small.jpg

Got some tomatos and strawberry jam done today, think im getting hooked on the canning thing now...
20070819_175433_them_Small.jpg

It either gets fermented or canned
smiley36.gif
Have to round up more jars, kinda like mini carboys.

You gotta put it away now to have for winter use! Cindy made 3 batches of 14 day pickles this year(about 50 pints). She added hot pepper to one batch-really changes the flavors.
We have about 60 quarts of tomatoes put up so far, about another 60 to go. Then we can do Salsa and spaghetti sauce. I need to start freezing peppers and dehydrating hot peppers. Probably should freeze a couple bushels of corn. I think my little brother can spare some- he told me today he has about 50,000 ears ready right now- and he only picks it for less than a week before moving to new fields. Anybody make sweetcorn wine? Lots of sugar there. I wonder what the brix runs?

Looking good JW....guess you'll be eating good this winter.

As for us....with another drought this summer it's going to be 'ketchup sandwiches' and 'wiener water soup' again all winter.

Those look good JWM, Makes me wish I had the land for a garden or enough sunlight to use the existing land I have but my neighbor owns the land behind my house and doesnt want me to cut down any trees as they give shade to most of my back yard all day long.

23_2_92.gif

Can goods look good! I wish I could do that, I would love to do up a few different pints of stuff, Just to say I did it!

Wines Look Awesome! Very rich in color, I can smell it from here.

So after a long weekend of work, I get home this A.M. and started making a batch of apple butter, hey , its the midwest, eat apples!
20070827_053012_butter_Small.jpg

Checked on the Wild Wine, it has cleared nicely, looking and smelling great, Hope it taste as good as it looks, no , I havent tried it
smiley36.gif
but I did make a few labels this morning too...
20070827_053420_WWJDLABEL_Small.JPG

I gotta admit, thats the coolest label I have ever seen!
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley32.gif

I am humbled......... and honored............... and thirsty! I truly can't wait for this one.

20070903_094705_wwjdjw_Small.jpg

Be bottling a gal of the wild grape wine this week, it has been sitting on oak for two weeks, see what that does. Think I will let one of the gallons bulk age a couple more months
20070903_094932_wildcot_Small.jpg

The three gal batch with Cotes De Blanc is oaking as well, I'll let this bulk until I get something in that needs the three gal carboy...im thinking Port
smiley4.gif
just need to decide which one.
20070903_095241_chkcher_Small.jpg

The Choke Cherry came out way above expectations, Think it will bulk a few months also, topped her up with a bottle of Blackberry...just because.
smiley36.gif
Started yet another small batch of wild grape wine, from yet another area, think the first batch had the best tasting grapes, I will for sure be visiting that site again next year.

20070905_175911_wildbottle_Smal.jpg

Got one batch of the Wild Wine in bottles, maybe by end of the week I'll get the Cotes de Blancs batch bottled too. This one I back sweetened a little, taste pretty good, wife wanted to drink the half bottle left over right now
smiley36.gif

The taste is so familiar to me I thought about it, then realized there is a wine made here I have had a few times that it reminds me of. I went to there site and found theres is made from Frontenac and Wild Grapes! Its last on this list, the "Ruby Minnesota", a dessert wine.
http://www.northernvineyards.com/Wine_List.html

I got the second batch bottled, also used Montrachet on this one.
20070909_032720_wildtwo_Small.jpg

The batch I used Cotes de Blanc may get a few bottles this week, could anytime..just hard to not let her sit right where she's at!
20070909_032907_cotesoon_Small.jpg

Even though I'm leaning toward a Port, so I will need this 3 gal carboy.

The color is just so awesome on that wine JWM. If their prices go up on their Desert wine we'll know why!
smiley36.gif

Back