Wild Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So let me get this straight now, BOTH 0's quit working at the same time? I guess you do need a new keyboard! I just can't type wll anymore. Ny fingers cramp up and a lot of times so does the brain
smiley5.gif

20070811_171254_WWJD_Small.jpg

The WWJD (What Would Jobe Drink) was racked to glass today, still looking and smelling pretty good.
20070811_171540_COTES_Small.jpg

24 hours after pitching the Cotes Des Blancs and we're sizzling away nicely on the three gal batch.
smiley20.gif
Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

Nice color JW....I can smell it from here.

I tasted some of my Valiant grapes today...they are almost all purple now.......actually were much sweeter than I thought they would be.
Now I have to figure out how to use the Refractometer.

I don't have any distilled water...I do have water in the dehummidifier....Does anyone know if that wateris like distilled water so I can calibrate my Refracrtometer..????

Dont know the answer to the humidifier water but would like to as I too
have a humidifier. Have never seen the Cotes Des Blanc yeast work that
ast, did you do a starter or rehydrate it? Must looks awesome!

I would try it NW and when you do have a chance to use distilled , calibrate it again. Chances are it wont be that far off. At work we use distilled or R.O. water, both work fine for this purpose, at any rate, just one time comparison would tell you if your available water is good enough.

Wade, I did rehydrate the yeast prior to pitching, something I usually don't do but from your comments thought I would go that route. Fermentation started like clockwork.Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

Both batches look really good JW
smiley20.gif
smiley32.gif

They look full bodied with awesome color.

As long as the catch bucket is clean, then dehumidifier water is pretty much distilled.

PeterZ said:
As long as the catch bucket is clean, then dehumidifier water is pretty much distilled.

Thanks Peter...I thought that was distilled water....now I have to clean the tray and wait for some fresh water......We just let the trayover-flow into the floor drain...
smiley9.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

Great info JWM, I have no need for using distilled water but much the less like the knowledge.

swillologist said:
I have a recipe JW. When I was a kid people made wine out of them. Can't tell you if it was any good though. It doesn't take very many grapes per gallon.

Id love to see your recipe Swill, compare to what I did here, and of course I have plenty in the freezer to try more.

20070816_162109_wildcotes_Small.jpg

Racked the wild wine with Cotes De Blancs, definitely a different smell than the first batch I put together using Montrachet.
20070816_162256_wildjobe_Small.jpg

It is still chugging along, WWJD looking good!
20070816_162437_choke_Small.jpg

Chokecherry is in final stage of fermentation, be degassing and clearing soon.

They all look awesome and theres a lot of marbles in that carboy back there.

Joan, I think bottle caps would float and those marbles are there to reduce topping off!
smiley3.gif

Latest posts

Back