Other White bubbles in secondary

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scram

Reaction score
I've got a WE Australian Petit Verdot I just racked into the secondary a few days ago. There is a small patch of white bubbles on the the edge of the wine. If I tilt the carboy slightly a white cloudy smear results. It has not grown in size since it appeared a couple days ago. Wondering if anyone has experienced this. Is it a matter for concern? If so, can it be remedied... Thanks

Just looks like an active fermentation still going on to me, what was the SG when you racked to the carboy?

SG was 1.006 @ racking. Do you see the small patch of white?

Here is the section of white bubbles in case there is any confusion...

1417741642848.jpg

I see it now, not sure what that is. I don't usually rack to the carboy until I am down to 1.000 or lower so all the foaming is over by then.

What ever it is, it's benign. My unsubstantiated opinion is that it represents residual sanitizing "stuff." I've had it in my carboys, it's never been a problem.

That's relieving:) Was about to bust out some tubing and try to extract it... Thanks for the reply guys!

I was thinking of doing that kit next. Is this your 1st time making it? Just wondering how it taste? It's suppose to be early drinker.

This is my first time with this kit. I've read good things about this kit... Not sure it's a real early drinker. Heard it really takes a turn for the best after 12 to 18 months aging.

I just tasted my last night and it was ridiculously good. The difference is that I fermented it on the pressed grape skins from a 5 gallon frozen must of merlot. Very high hopes for this and it's only 2 1/2 months old!

Back