What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These have all been stacking up since the shipping window closed from last Spring. Full Pull Wines (in Seattle) is dangerous. They get lots of mailing list wines and allow you to order what you want. No minimum order of 3 packs or some are 6 packs. So you end up ordering one here one there every week or so and before you know it you have amassed a small fortune in both high end as well as high QPR wines mostly from WA State but also Europe as well. No CA wines however. LOL
We all do know, it's called retirement..LOL :dg

Not a new offering from Aonair, but my first time to get some, very small bottling that I’ve missed out on in the past. 2016 Aonair Conn Valley Estate Cabernet Franc, only 4 barrels produced. I really enjoy a good Cab Franc, and am expecting this to be really good when opened in a couple of years. For now, they’ll head to the cellar for a few years of napping.
A42A747B-A973-4E57-B927-99AC3088CE96.jpeg

Not a new offering from Aonair, but my first time to get some, very small bottling that I’ve missed out on in the past. 2016 Aonair Conn Valley Estate Cabernet Franc, only 4 barrels produced. I really enjoy a good Cab Franc, and am expecting this to be really good when opened in a couple of years. For now, they’ll head to the cellar for a few years of napping.
View attachment 52093
I support this. Cab Franc is my favorite grape.

No, I actually found them offered on a website from a company out of NY, a full 20% below what they were being sold for in the marketplace or at auction. Called the company up and he said they'd been listed at that price since they got their allocation a few years back, and they had since sold out. They got another small shipment in this spring and were able to get a few more cases, offered at the original price, so I went ahead and ordered 6 of them. Don't know if I'll actually drink any or not, I've already got pretty good profit potential on them if sold today, who knows what they're worth in 10 years..........

I need to find a few "50-75 year" wines so I can compare them to what I'm making now. :p

Honestly, it would have been extremely interesting to taste this wine in 2013 as Parker did (at 2.5 years old) and understand what he tasted in the wine that made him think that.

Hi, my name is John, and I have a problem.

Delaying wine shipments for hot weather has its advantages and disadvantages. November is usually fun, but this year it’s clear that my methodology of a few bottles here, a few there, wine club purchases, “can’t pass up” deals from Last Bottle, have taken their toll. There’s not enough room in the cellar for all of this wine, so I’ll be stacking the floor with wine.......it’s all good stuff, Turley, Sebastiani, Outpost, Buoncristiani, Del Dotto, Arkenstone, Beau Vigne, Long Shadows, Castello di Amorosa, still a few more stragglers to come in, but I swear, no more wine buying for one year.
ED671AF2-0EC3-44E9-B76A-F75F0927D142.jpeg

I think it means attending weekly meetings.......

AA-Meeting.jpg

Back