New member - Cellar Frog Winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellar Frog

Junior
Reaction score
New kid on the block,making wine from both local grapes and wild fruit, as well as many kits. A former world traveller I found that inexpensive world flags make great bird and animal deterrence for our berries and grape rows. Central PA in a rural setting! Look forward to catching up on all the threads! Cellar Frog - named our winery after a resident frog in my wine cellar who kept me company during the COVID years.IMG_20230624_095626.jpg

IMG_20230626_134257.jpgWhen I bottle up a batch, I take the label off the carboy and stick it on the door of my wine cellar. 24 batches in the last couple years remembered that way, although there were many others that I forgot to add to this list! Clear packing tape keeps them from peeling off.

About a half dozen wine vitis vinifera in the rows including reds and whites. Picked up Van Zyverden brand plants at Walmart of all places 2 years ago cheap. The new rows this year are from cuttings off last year's vines. We also have concord type vitis lambrusco growing wild on our property that produce a LOT of fruit, and a couple mature concord vines which also produce. This will be the first year I expect to see the vitis vinifera produce. Frontenac, Edelweiss, Cayuga, and Chambourcin are some of the ones that I am waiting anxiously to see produce. The Seyval Blanc did not do well overwintering, but hopefully a few will thrive. Couple more varietals that escape my mind right now. In the end, I should be producing Sauvignon Blanc type and Pinot Noir type blends. Oh, and I put 4 muscadine vines in this year that may not produce for a couple years yet. The vineyard is still in its infancy...

Latest posts

Back