What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! Don't you be robbing the cradle now! LOL Make sure and add Long Shadows to your "must see" list of places to visit in WW. By appointment only for some reason LOL.........

Long-Shadows-4.jpg

And yes that is all Chihuly glass!

The Long Shadows Vintners Box set each year is pretty nice as well!

Longshadows-Combo-e1480607708162.jpg

Yes, very nice! Still have a few more wines coming from them, due in next cool down, Pirouette and Feather. Don't worry, I won't be robbing the cradle, but I will drink one of the Chester Kidders at three years old, but the rest will be safe for a while after that............

The Long Shadows Vintners Box set each year is pretty nice as well!

Was looking through the inclusions with the wine shipment, really nice recap of the wine, growing conditions, the winemaking process, the vineyards, and my favorite part, the final numbers. This one is 66% Cab, 28% Syrah, and 6% Petit Verdot. 15.9% ABV, pH 3.91, and TA .59g/100ml. They obviously got some pretty well ripened grapes, and just goes to prove that wines in the upper end of the pH. range are quite manageable and long lasting. This little gem, if it is in keeping with its predecessors, won't start drinking well for 3-4 more years, and continue to drink well for a good 10 years after that. Kudos to Long Shadows!!IMG_0955.JPG

Quick, Mike ( @ibglowin ). WTSO has a deal on Gruet Grand Blanc de Noirs 'Limited Release' 2014.

Looks like I missed it. I can usually purchase all things Gruet without too much difficulty. Their Sauvage Blanc de Noirs has been getting some pretty rave reviews as of late. They are one of the best wineries for sure in these parts!

So much winning! :)

Another case from my friends at Full Pull. I am probably the most excited about the 2014 La Rata. This wine is made from the assistant winemaker at Cayuse from fruit from the same vineyards as Cayuse. Hard to come by. RP 95pts. The others are no slouches either including Betz Syrahs and Gorman Cabernet from Red Mountain.

IMG_2690.jpg

So much winning! :)

Another case from my friends at Full Pull. I am probably the most excited about the 2014 La Rata. This wine is made from the assistant winemaker at Cayuse from fruit from the same vineyards as Cayuse. Hard to come by. RP 95pts. The others are no slouches either including Betz Syrahs and Gorman Cabernet from Red Mountain.

And of course, The Pundit.

Latest arrivals, first from Long Shadows, 4 each of the 2014 Chester Kidder (NR yet), Feather(93+) and Pirouette(94+), all three are receiving excellent reviews and are offered at a very attractive price point, with drinking ranges in the 2020-2030 time frame.IMG_0958.JPG Second is a couple of older bottles of Turley Petite Syrah - Library(96-98) from 2004 I ordered during the summer from The Old and Rare Wine Company.IMG_0959.JPG

41A1B5D8-3650-4C2F-9E10-F13A211EF5BF.jpeg The haul for the week has been good, but I’ve been a little lax in putting stuff away....From left to right, 6 2015 Venge Bone Ash Vyd., 3 each 2014 Hall Jacks Masterpiece and 2013 Ellie’s, 3 - 2015 Outpost Grenache, 12 2015 Venge Silencieux, front - 6 each 2007 Agharta Black Label

I picked up a half a case of 2015 Domaine de Cristia Chateauneuf du Pape

I wish I had a better long term storage solution than a wooden wine rack in a walk-in closet....

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Why yes, yes indeed that IS the Number 2 wine on Wine Spectator's list of Top 100 wines for 2017 sitting on my table! :db

View attachment 44738

Nice!

I just looked at the list and noticed that I purchased four bottles of the #3 wine (Château Coutet) from WTSO back in May of this year. Though I picked up the 2007 vintage, the vintage on the list is 2014.

The one bottle that I opened was very beautiful, but much on the very sweet side.

Back