What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2011 LR Cellar Craft Marsanne-Roussanne-Viognier blend. Thats right 2011!!!!!! Still awesome for a white wine and went fabulous with tonights dinner. :db

IMG_0859.jpg

The perks of teaching music privately - tonight I m drinking a Chateau Pontet-Canet 2012 Pauillac! A Christmas gift from a talented student. And something I could not usually afford!

Photo on 2015-12-16 at 6.27 PM #2.jpg

Again the photographer seems to have fallen over from too much wine!

Yer but hopefully its allowed on here ;-)

Im drinking a lovely home made red kinda similar to a merlot, which Ive bottled in an old calvet 2012 merlot bottle, which incidently I found enjoyable as well.

DSCF2058.jpg

Last edited:
I have 1 liter remaining....:ib

I thought I had a case stashed, but just went looking for it and no dice. Only two bottles on the rack, and one in the wine fridge. I should have made another batch this past spring. Hopefully, they'll offer it again and I can grab one this spring. It's a keeper!

Bottled 1/2 (5 gal) of my Chilean Bordeaux blend (Merlot/Cab Sauv/Malbec). Sampled some (hence it is currently in my glass) and think this will be starting to get really good around this time next year. It is drinkable now, better than any of my other reds, just needs more time. Plan on adding some finished tannins to the remaining 5 gallons that is bulk aging and bottling this spring.

Wouldn't have bottled yet but I needed the 5 gallon glass carboy for another project.

Bottled 1/2 (5 gal) of my Chilean Bordeaux blend (Merlot/Cab Sauv/Malbec). Sampled some (hence it is currently in my glass) and think this will be starting to get really good around this time next year. It is drinkable now, better than any of my other reds, just needs more time.

I can attest to that. This was very good. It has me contemplating a fresh juice and grape blend this fall.

I can attest to that. This was very good. It has me contemplating a fresh juice and grape blend this fall.

Spring and Chilean grapes are in the air. You can practice on the Chilean stuff and apply what you learn to the fall harvest.

Bottled plenty of 375 ml's on the Bordeaux/Meritage blend. I'll send a bottle over at 12/18/24/30 months with my brother for you to sample along with me so we can track its progress and learn as we go. I'll do the same to the other half of the batch that I'm going to add the additional tannins to so we can compare and note any differences.

My Pinot Gris from 10-2014 bottled 10-2015 did not filter. Tasting good although not real good it's still young! By next Christmas it will be great!
I seem to have the knack on getting things to stand sideways:ft and after it being in the glass abou 30 minutes, it's b/w good and real good now lol

image[2].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Spring and Chilean grapes are in the air. You can practice on the Chilean stuff and apply what you learn to the fall harvest.

Bottled plenty of 375 ml's on the Bordeaux/Meritage blend. I'll send a bottle over at 12/18/24/30 months with my brother for you to sample along with me so we can track its progress and learn as we go. I'll do the same to the other half of the batch that I'm going to add the additional tannins to so we can compare and note any differences.

Sounds like a plan. :)

Enjoyed a little Amarone and amaretto last night.

Been bringing one of these to my parents' place for the last 6 or 7 Christmases and will crack this one open when we get there this afternoon.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back