What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't plan on attempting to make a run for awhile still.

Us either, no need to walk into a grocery store, the InstaCart App has been great here where we live. We put an order together yesterday evening, selected "Fast and Flexible" for our delivery time. This morning, before 7 AM, our shopper was in the store picking out our stuff, communicating about what was available, what wasn't, making substitutions where needed, groceries were sitting outside the garage door at 7:45 AM as I was leaving for the office.

Have to admit, though, I miss walking up and down the meat display looking at all of the offerings, deciding what to cook on the weekend.............

Costco is actually one of the best stores handling this virus situation, they provide good wipe stations at the entrance, registers were arranged so one is open and the next is closed, plus the registers have a big glass wall surrounding the employee, plus other things, all good.

Go Costco..!! (you can tell I'm a big fan :) )

They had staff in the parking lot at each of the 'cart corrals', wiping down every cart as they were returned by customers.

Me too! Drinking Kracken spiced rum and Pepsi tonight!

Ugh, I need it after waiting around at the hospital for 3 hours only for them to tell us our son had an allergic reaction. Really? Huh, I thought I brought him because NOTHING was wrong.

Sorry :m my rant for the night
Ll

image.jpg

Opening tester halves tonight of last years batches. This amarone plus an eclipse Nebbiolo are my first wines Ive aged in a barrel (thanks @mainshipfred !). Wow. The difference is amazing! The amarone went in first for 6 weeks and when I pulled it out I thought it was over oaked for sure as it tasted like smoked oak water, but I put it in a carboy to sit. I then put the Nebiollo in for 2 months (it is spectacular!), then an eclipse Shiraz for 3 months (haven’t tasted yet). At that point I tasted the amarone and realized the oak had integrated (what!?), proving its hard to over oak amarone, and decided to put it back in the barrel where it sat for 3 months. Bottled it about 2 months ago and man it is good!

The amarone is full of licorice notes on the nose, and a nice touch of black fig, raisin and vanilla on the palate. Nice velvety mouth feel as well. The alcohol is a bit intense, but hoping that settles a bit.

Latest posts

Back