What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, its just not very old (for a commercial port), not barrel aged. Could be a mix of red and white ports with caramel added as a coloring agent.

Joel Gott Chardonnay. It's pretty good. So is the Zinfandel. The cab is already known to be pretty good.

Rhubarb/strawberry............ the rhubarb grown in my back yard. 1 1/2 years old and tastes very good.

Cheers everyone. :)

Got Horsepower?

Not in tonight's glass or any glass for like 5-7 years more than likely. Life is too short to drink bad wine right? Best of the best from WA State. Christophe Baron's (Cayuse) newest endeavor. On the list since inception 4 years ago. Most bottles sell at auction for 2X list usually but these are to drink someday. Syrah and Grenache from the Rocks District in WA State and OR. Perfection in a bottle. :sm

IMG_2055.jpg

Is it an "innie" or an "outie"! :)

Unlike the Brookfield warehouse, this one may be called an "innie"...:h

What they did is that the moved the photo center to a different spot and put the liquor place in place, it is inside" but you can't get to the main warehouse without the need to exit out but then the next door is right there adjacent.

I saw this RM for a whopping ~$2,500 plus tax :(

Got Horsepower?

Not in tonight's glass or any glass for like 5-7 years more than likely. Life is too short to drink bad wine right? Best of the best from WA State. Christophe Baron's (Cayuse) newest endeavor. On the list since inception 4 years ago. Most bottles sell at auction for 2X list usually but these are to drink someday. Syrah and Grenache from the Rocks District in WA State and OR. Perfection in a bottle. :sm

That set looks awesome..:HB

Sounds like a combination innie/outie of sorts. Weird!

State liquor laws are all crazy in so many ways. From the People's Republic of PA and their State run and controlled Monopoly of all booze to NM where all forms of alcohol can be sold in all grocery stores and even a gas station for that matter to CO where only ONE store per state can sell alcohol in the store. All the rest have a mom and pop shop located outside the store next door......

What they did is that the moved the photo center to a different spot and put the liquor place in place, it is inside" but you can't get to the main warehouse without the need to exit out but then the next door is right there adjacent.

Lucky enough to meet friends today in Styria, Austria for a visit to a Buschenschank - estate winery with traditional local food. Really nice Weisburgander, great food and views! Warm, 8C until the sun set, then it dropped to 1C mighty quick. They have just finished pruning. Last year they had a late frost right at bloom that reduced the harvest to 10% of normal:(. I flew over yesterday, factory test on Monday and home Tuesday.

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4105.jpg

Tonight I had some of my JOAM, which I pitched a little more than 4 months ago. At bottling I was worried that it was too "pithy". Tasting it today that has improved considerably. It's actually downright tasty! I think I need to leave it alone a few more months before having my next bottle. Although it is fun seeing how what I've made improves over time. I just need to make enough so that some of it can age apparently :)

(First bottle I had was 6 weeks ago. I was worried then that I'd have to waste the batch. That would have been a mistake. I've read that some people won't drink JOAM until it's aged for a year. I have no idea how to make something that goes that long with being tasted yet.)

Cheers!

Last edited:

Brookfield is the one I go to at times. Though, I hate that i84/route 7 merge!

Are you making another?

Not in the immediate future. Instead, I have a WE Eclipse Yakima Pinot Gris and a Cali Viognier (from a juice bucket) aging at the moment, intending to quaff them this summer. Probably will start another white, quite possibly another Luna Bianca, this summer for consumption summer 2018.

Latest posts

Back