What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night, I had a bottle of the Brooklyn Brew Shop's Bourbon Dubbel that I made a few months ago. Very tasty beer, and a couple months in the fridge has been very good to it.

Tonight I have a dilema,
2012 Chianti
Skeeter Pee
DB

I am popping the cork on one, just cant decide which one.
I am leaning toward what ever is in a clear bottle, as I will need then shortly.
Sad when I let my need for a bottle dictate what I drink.

or option D, all of the above:b

I know your dilemma, been pounding some Red Ale because I want to get my Amber Bock bottled. Guess I could have worse problems

It's been Skeeter Pee for the past week. I'm switching to a Duplin red Muscadine tonight.

Tonight is my second 2012 Red Mountain Trio. I used D254 and FT Tannin Rouge in primary and gave it some barrel time. Oddly, it's a little harsh. Gonna decant it for a bit and see what happens. I've had a few bottles previously that were really good.

2012 Chilean Riesling, flavor just bursts in your mouth and again a dam chewy wine. Lovin the mouthfeel combined with the flavor. I have come to the conclusion that Chilean are at their best at two years.

Tonight is my second 2012 Red Mountain Trio. I used D254 and FT Tannin Rouge in primary and gave it some barrel time. Oddly, it's a little harsh. Gonna decant it for a bit and see what happens. I've had a few bottles previously that were really good.

That was is gonna be killer. Needs a bit more time. I have opened my 2 splits and a couple of full bottles. I see some medals next Fall with that one! :try

Had the following 2010 along with a buffalo turkey salad w/super spicy green chilies.
So, so , so good !
Must buy more!
Does any company make this in a kit?
ImageUploadedByWine Making1398548800.575118.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Had the following 2010 along with a buffalo turkey salad w/super spicy green chilies.
So, so , so good !
Must buy more!
Does any company make this in a kit?

Yes, it is (or was?) one of the WE Selection International offerings. I think that may be discontinued, however.

Also, this year it was one of the RQ offerings from RJS. I am sure you could still find one.

Took a bottle of last year's CA Grand Red over to the neighbor's last night. It was gone in a flash!

Pizza night (last night) Made a New Mexican Hawaiian (Canadian Bacon, Pineapple, Green Chile) as well as my version of Supreme LOL Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Greek Olives, Marinated Artichoke Hearts, and Cheve Goat Cheese crumbled on top. Had seen that the new 2012 Columbia Crest Grand Estates Merlot was out and was a good QPR. Local grocery store had them on sale for $7.99. Even better if you bought any combination of 6 bottles (extra 15% off).

PNP and have to admit this is a VERY nice bottle for the $$. Very nice bouquet, very smooth, very quaffable. Not a lot of oak. Not as good as the H3 line but then again its $3-4 cheaper per bottle. This would be a perfect top up wine as well.

GE_merlot-1400px_medium.png

Vino Italiano Cabernet Sauvignon. I made to 5.25 gallons and added a banana, raisins and dried blueberries to the Primary. Also gave it some Hungarian oak during bulk aging. It's two years old now, and rather respectable - especially considering the cost.

Last night Eclipse Merlot, tonight Eclipse Cab. Both a little young but headed in the right direction. Pretty happy with the higher end kits.

BC

Having a two year old Chilean Carmenere made from nice buckets. Not really impressed by any of the ones I made. We made 6 different reds and they pretty much all taste the same. I hope everyone else has better luck with their Chileans than our entire wine club did. Nobody really knocked them out of the park. These were Toro Negro buckets.

Opened a bottle of my WE Savignon Blanc to accompany panko crusted halibut. Quite nice.

Just finished a D&O Cellars bronze Muscadine (I love muscadine). On to a Shurina Cellars Elderberry, though my wife is drinking a Luva Bella Winemaker's blend (so I might have to finish that too)......

Latest posts

Back