What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's really for dinner tonight? Worked late this afternoon so pulled out the trusty Insta-Pot. Made Chicken Verde. Fully cooked/shredded fall apart chicken breast in 30 mins from start to finish. Like 5 ingredients in the recipe to boot. House/kitchen smells amazing.

IMG_2508.jpg

Last edited:
Guess you really never can have enough "tools"..........

21082796_10155466967457203_2925841622914633119_o.jpg

From the garden kale, collard greens, onions, tomatoes, chilis cooked with garlic, cumin, Soy sauce and a few drops of liquid smoke for that bacony element. It was served atop a baked potato.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1503677942.767476.jpg

Hodge podge of flavors last night. Burgers, Old Bay fries, and butternut squash 'noodles' sautéed with EVOO, honey, Chinese five spice and Sriracha.

IMG_5808.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure what "hodge lodge" is, but it looks pretty good!

I am home from gallivanting about in the Oregon woods. Time for some real cooking! Just a simple, typical grilled meal: ribeye steak, corn on the cob, artichoke, and salad. First, I made the usual grilled corn, then cut it off the cob and mixed with cumin, garlic, and butter. I steamed artichokes, then finished them on the grill, and served with butter/lemon/garlic sauce. A side salad with EVOO, lemon juice, and tarragon was a nice addition. The star of the show was a decently thick (by the standards of my big-box grocery store) ribeye steak, dry brined, then grilled hard for 4' a side. I served this topped with some compound butter, and washed down with a Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.

Now if you will excuse me, it is a little chilly here in Milwaukee. I think I will go take a sauna!

DSCN0589.jpg

DSCN0592.jpg

DSCN0594.jpg

DSCN0597.jpg

DSCN0595.jpg

Home at the "lodge" alone. Made a dough early this morning and turned it into a stromboli. Wife and kids are 180 miles north of me, so I could have whatever I wanted. Thought about a nice T-bone steak, but enjoyed too much beverage and didn't want to drive to get one. Served with a ho-made tomato dipping sauce from garden maters. Hope I can stay up to watch some football tonight :sl

8-26-17_dinner-1.JPG

8-26-17_dinner-2.JPG

8-26-17_dinner-3.JPG

Wifey and kids were up north in @bkisel 's neck of the woods. Texted me around 1:30 pm to let me know they'd be home for dinner. Had a 5-6 lb chicken in the fridge that needed used, so removed the backbone and cut 'er in half. Put it on the Weber after adding some fajita seasoning, then smoke cooked for two hours while cutting the lawn, removed the top section of the smoker and browned right over the charcoal bed. Turned on really well. Did up some sweet corn and broccoli to finish off the meal. Simple and yum all in one!

8-27-17_chicken-1.JPG

8-27-17_chicken-2.JPG

Well no pictures but wifes brought home some house Autry "shake and bake" seasoning so we tried it tonight, it's so much better that the shake and bake that we've tried before.

The start of something beautiful. I harvested my jalapeños and began the months long process of converting these into deliciously fermented hot sauce. I let them ferment for about two months then purée them until smooth. It will be even better after it ages for a year.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1503929174.442199.jpg

There's always one nonconformer in the bunch

ImageUploadedByWine Making1503929191.745645.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1503929224.988204.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1503929234.366721.jpg

Back