What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UHHH... CEEATON... What is the theme of this website??? (LOL)

smfoodanddrink14.gif

That is going to be me from now on (that is if I ever decide to do a big dinner again).

@JohnT , go ahead and do a big dinner and pour Welch's for all those that didn't show. And the niece gets a larger glass.

This way you still get through the Pearly Gates.

Dang! @geek and @ceeaton are eating well tonight.

I did a seared pork tenderloin wrapped in prosciutto; served with white beans, pancetta, escarole, tomatoes and orzo. OK, we went to Brio - but it was good!

Started with a Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio, then moved on to a Sketchbook Pinot Noir with the tenderloin.

Pizza night! First, I made deep-fried artichoke hearts with Parmigiano-Reggiano and truffle oil. For the pie, I tried something a little different. I made a crust much thinner than usual (about 1/2 as thick), and I made a white pizza instead of tomato. Mozz, Monterey Jack, ricotta, and a little blue cheese. Topped with fried mushrooms, fried onions, sauteed garlic, olive oil, and seasonings. Cooked up to crisp in a 500 deg oven. Quite lovely! Washed down with a Selection International Argentinian Malbec.

Not a white pizza fan, but yours sounds great. And I especially like a thin, crispy crust.

What's for Breakfast!

We stumbled onto Costco Kirkland (real) Bacon Crumbles over the Holiday's and have been having so much fun finding uses for them. This is made from the same bacon that Consumer Reports just labeled their highest rated (for taste) and a best buy as well. Large bag that has a zip lock closure and will stay fresh in the fridge for months is only $10.99. I have used them in Grits, Pizza, Eggs, Hamburgers (with blue cheese) and todays was Belgian Waffles with bacon crumbles! :hug

costco-279783-kirkland-signature-crumbled-bacon.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

What's for Breakfast!

We stumbled onto Costco Kirkland (real) Bacon Crumbles over the Holiday's and have been having so much fun finding uses for them. This is made from the same bacon that Consumer Reports just labeled their highest rated (for taste) and a best buy as well. Large bag that has a zip lock closure and will stay fresh in the fridge for months is only $10.99. I have used them in Grits, Pizza, Eggs, Hamburgers (with blue cheese) and todays was Belgian Waffles with bacon crumbles! :hug

My wife stumbled across those wonderful bacon crumbles last year about this time. We love them. They are so much better tasting than traditional bacon bits. We put them on just about everything also.

The older kids are away this weekend. So the younger two got to pick their dinner. Fried tilapia for the boys and fried chicken fingers for the girls. I served mine on a bun with an impromptu batch of homemade tartar sauce and some swiss chard with onion, shallot, smoked paprika, bacon and chardonnay.

1-28-17_fish-sandwich.jpg

Last edited:
Boys both wanted to invite friends over for dinner and a movie. We ordered pizza and are watching 'The Secret Life of Pets'. Laughing though, as my youngest invited a girl. :D

5-hour braised chuck roast (i.e., pot roast), with onions, 'shrooms, and carrots. Going to serve over egg noodles, with a side of braised green kale (coriander, fennel, smoked paprika).

Had some Avocados that I didn't want to go to waste since they will soon be going to $2 a pop so I decided to do Fajita's on the grill, both beef and chicken. Ho-made Guac and it all was washed down nicely with.....

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

Latest posts

Back