What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cousin has one (built of masonry). Amazing! The food he made from just the retained heat was unbelievable.

I get it now. Yours is well worth the money.

This is on my list of To Dos this year. Fireplace on the patio, for a little cooking, and entertaining on cool nites. Yipee for the wife, boo hoo for the Dave, I've have to build it.

Now I need to "cure" it with a small fire for a few hours sans any meat.

The new Weber was announced this morning. Underwhelming, IMHO. Especially with options like this on the market. I'm a huge Weber fan (I have three currently), but just not sure about this one.

Question: is there a gasket on the lid? Can't tell from the pics.

Tonight, its bacon cheddar cheeseburgers cooked over charcoal and some spent oak cubes. Grill roasted broccoli and tater tots on the side.

By the time I got home everyone had eaten, either nachos, quesadillas or soft tacos.

Bought some chorizo from a local grocery store that was on sale. A knock off, not the real thing, but had good spice to it and was $1.79 for five snausages. Did a batch of Zatarain's jumbalaya rice and added some grill chorizo. Really helped with the congestion I get every spring when the pollen starts blowing around. And I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

4-6-16_zatarans.jpg

By the time I got home everyone had eaten, either nachos, quesadillas or soft tacos.

Bought some chorizo from a local grocery store that was on sale. A knock off, not the real thing, but had good spice to it and was $1.79 for five snausages. Did a batch of Zatarain's jumbalaya rice and added some grill chorizo. Really helped with the congestion I get every spring when the pollen starts blowing around. And I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

That's a really good, cheap, easy meal!!

Shake from frozen fruit, with some protein powder...does that count too? [emoji4][emoji4]

Mike, if you didn't already know always be careful of the backdraft when opening the lid. You need to 'burp' it by only opening the lid no more than an inch to let some air in then close the lid then open slowly.
We have the medium green egg and wish we got the large!!

chorizo-n-fried-manchego.jpg

Anybody else have Kroger or one of their other corporate branded stores (Ralph's, Smith's)? They are currently running an in store promotion called A Taste of Spain. I stopped in yesterday at my local Smith's and they had a nice in-store setup for the event and some special ordered items. Well the dried chorizo caught my eye. They had a spicy and non spicy option. I snagged one of the spicy ones of course. Dang this is the real deal. I am going back for more as they don't normally stock this and it was excellent. Normally $7 a link but "on sale" for $4 a link and it's a decent sized link for the price.

I think I hear my recently bottled Vino Blanco calling out to be paired with some Pailla! :hug

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back