What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hubby always thinks I'm weird when I take pictures of my food.lol. Heading out to friends for dinner tonight, no idea what's on the menu but I didn't have to cook so it's all good!

My Mom made the highlight of my week when she emailed that she had brought a few tomatoes back from her two month stay at Sanibel Island and was in the sharing mood. Couldn't get over to get them until today, but I know of one way to kick the pizza blues, a BLT(TP). Turkey bacon, romaine lettuce, tomato, smoked turkey breast and a few hamburger dill pickles on fresh Italian bread, yum!

3-18-16_tomatoes.jpg

3-18-16_bltt.jpg

Did an easy supper tonight: cucumber salad, kielbassa, fruit, cheese, and homemade pickles. It's been so busy with the Hubster doing interviews, and us getting the house ready to sell. Kids loved it though, so WIN!!

Did an easy supper tonight: cucumber salad, kielbassa, fruit, cheese, and homemade pickles. It's been so busy with the Hubster doing interviews, and us getting the house ready to sell. Kids loved it though, so WIN!!

Busy doing interviews is a good thing!!!

I agree with Jim, interviews are a good thing. Not so sure about getting a house ready to sell. I'm watching my wife and her brother get their fathers house ready to put on the market and I constantly remind my wife "You can move once I depart this earthly home". You are living up to the saying under your forum name "Always busy".

I stumbled upon $4.99/lb Choice rib roasts at the store this afternoon. Grabbed one, cut it up into thick steaks. Vacuum sealed 'em up, with all but one going into the freezer. Also grabbed a little filet for the Mrs. Both are sitting in a sous vide bath now, with some Montreal Steak seasoning. We'll grill 'em up later with some asparagus and serve with a salad and some fresh bread.

OMG Jim, and I'm having some not great left overs...[emoji23][emoji23]

My oldest daughter asked me yesterday what we were having for dinner today. I said chicken. She said, with some excitement, chicken parmesean? I said, sure if you want it. So knowing I actually had some time today to make a real meal, I pounded the crap out of some chicken fillets (was very enjoyable), coated with GF bread crumbs and deep fried for a bit, then drained and added to a pan with lots of different cheeses and tomato sauce and baked until everything was heated through. Cuts with a fork, no knife needed, and all the kids and my wife love it. Served with some penne pasta (regular and GF) and a romaine lettuce salad with diced carrot and green pepper and some mozzarella cheese.

3-20-16_chicken-parm.jpg

My oldest daughter asked me yesterday what we were having for dinner today. I said chicken. She said, with some excitement, chicken parmesean? I said, sure if you want it. So knowing I actually had some time today to make a real meal, I pounded the crap out of some chicken fillets (was very enjoyable), coated with GF bread crumbs and deep fried for a bit, then drained and added to a pan with lots of different cheeses and tomato sauce and baked until everything was heated through. Cuts with a fork, no knife needed, and all the kids and my wife love it. Served with some penne pasta (regular and GF) and a romaine lettuce salad with diced carrot and green pepper and some mozzarella cheese.

635868688011788457-692950630_giphy-2.gif

Got all all my grocery shopping done for Easter. I made use of 2 sales that the local grocery store was having..

First was a discount on ham. I picked up a really 15 pound spiral cut ham for only $12.

THEN, they had a special coupon for prime rib. This coupon was mailed to "Price plus" customers and they ended up sending me TWO OF THEM!!!

With a purchase of $10 and this coupon, prime rib was on sale for $4.77 per pound! I picked up two of them although I did have to split my load of other groceries in two and check out twice. I ended up getting a nice 3 rib roast, and a really nice 4 rib roast!!!

So it is prime rib, Yorkshire pudding, and all the trimmings on Saturday, and Ham, Hungarian cabbage salad, bratwurst, and mashed potatoes on Sunday. YUM!

I am freezing the 4 rib roast. It will be a nice surprise for the family later.

Got to LOVE my butcher!..

images

I really wish I had a better camera on my computer!

Tonight's fare was barbecued corn with garlic butter (cooked last summer and frozen for future consumption); lacinto kale & onions braised with chicken stock and cumin; and the pièce de résistance, seared tuna steak served with a reduction of sherry, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Washed down with a really cheap-but-tasty Pinot Noir. Not bad at all!

tuna.jpg

tuna dinner.jpg

Latest posts

Back