What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,,,tonight is smothered pork chops, wide egg noodles, fresh spinach salad. with strawberry.banana,and pear fruit salad. with cream cheese dressing.

Greg, thanks for taking the time (and data) for posting the pics! Awesome all the way around. How was the Old Vines Mencia? I have a couple of them in the cellar. The Bierzo Pe'talos from 2010 is absolutely stunning. So is the '11 for that matter. Again great job!

That sound wonderful James. Im having porch chops too, with an apple butter glaze

James, whats on your smothered pork Chops? Caramelized Onions?

Yes but not carmilized...I layer the pan with onions, then pork chops, then onions, etc...Then pour 2 cans of cream of onion soup, cover and bake in the oven.....It is really good with noodles...makes a thick onion gravy...

Steak is marinating in butter/soy/greek seasoning now.

Cooked borracho beans in the crockpot overnight.

I'll be making the cornbread in about an hour.

I need another side dish. I know I should go with something green, like a salad or broccoli, but I really just want to bake some baby red potatoes with onion and garlic.

steak.jpg

do you know what haystacks are.
take whole canned are fresh green beans and gather up like 12 are 14 and hold in a bundle and wrap with bacon.
if canned add the juice and a few pinches of cinamon,salt and pepper and bake for about 30 minutes at 300.....just till the bacon is done..
excellent side dish....
served in jefferson texas old hotel,

James,
I'm ashamed to admit it...but we are out of bacon.

This is definitely going on the try list though..

omg...no bacon.....when they annouced last year there was to be a bacon shortage, i bought like 50 lbs and then 25 lbs of pork belly, and 10 lbs of ham hocks...lol
i can not run out of any kind of bacon....

That sounds soooo good Jeri!! Id put the bacon on the potato's!! Hey James, we are entering a coco shortage!!! Buy now :)

roflmao,...tess ..i am ok with that one...i dont use it much...the only time i use it is when i make chocolate eclairs...

Mean your favorite Candy bars are going up!! lol run to not walk to your nearest store :)
My familes favorite is my home made choc cupcakes with butter cream icing. I will be stocking up on the coco this week!!

Last edited:
Steak turned out fantastic, cornbread was great, beans were divine.
I stopped there....Screw it. We are a two person household, it's ridiculous to cook an insane amount of food for every meal.

I'm off on Mondays, so we usually eat pretty good.
Breakfast was shokshuka

Seriously....so good. Dead easy and is good for breakfast, lunch, or supper.

Our kids are gone but I still love to cook. We are only two If I can freeze it I do if not my Beagles eat well :) cooking for me is just as important as my wine making. My cooking came first!!

It won't sound appetizing unless you are Italian and maybe not even then, but I made Broccoli Rabe with Canneloni beans. Served it with a great Asiago cheese, garlic bread and our Rosso Magnifico (2/3 Sangiovese, 1/3 Cabernet Sauvignon). A great and healthy meal.

Im hillbilly!! My husband dad is 100% German and his mom is 100% iIaliain. Think about what Iv had to deal with LMAO

It won't sound appetizing unless you are Italian and maybe not even then, but I made Broccoli Rabe with Canneloni beans. Served it with a great Asiago cheese, garlic bread and our Rosso Magnifico (2/3 Sangiovese, 1/3 Cabernet Sauvignon). A great and healthy meal.

I am not Italian, but I know what I like and I would be there for dinner or leftovers anytime. That sounds amazing!

And a few more delights. Last night I found a large market with 40 or so different vendors selling tapas and drinks. You could wander around and just buy what you want. It was great.

At most bars they give you free bread and chorizo with your drink:

I love Chorizo made the Spanish way is such a great snack. Have a Paella for me.

I'm with Lori. I love broccoli rabe, and I love canneloni beans (and I am not Italian). The rest of the victuals and libations sound fantastic, too!

I was cooking only for me this evening, so just a quick pasta dish. Loose Italian sausage, leeks, mushrooms, cabbage (hey, it was what I had in the fridge), garlic, sauteed and then smothered with a commercial (Newman's Own) alfredo sauce. I rarely buy a commercial sauce, but it was getting late.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back