What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I woke up this morning and all I could think about was shrubberies. Not sure where I got the idea... But here we are. View attachment 104506

Should look good in 5 years. Next... Real stairs!

Certainly not the movie you watched last night. You weren't trying to cut a tree down with a herring today, were you?

Edit: Chuck beat me to it.

I went ot Milwaukee's Irish Fest, which claims to be "the world's largest celebration of Irish/Celtic music and culture." (They present over 250 acts over 4 days, plus lots of other activities.) First time I attended since the pandemic. Beautiful day, lots of beers and music. 🍻 ☘️🎶

I decided to carry on around the house. I have actually been talking about this for 2 years. Hoping it will keep the skirting cleaner.

Tomorrow I am installing mini split heat pumps (A/C and heat) in 3 rooms. The outdoor unit for the back two rooms is going in the center area by the ladder. The much is also giving me an area to put pavers down for the outdoor unit.
PXL_20230820_230435569.jpg
There is a pressure washer in my future!
PXL_20230820_230449003.jpg

Those are now very popular in our neck of the woods. Homes in these parts of the Southwest have never needed AC (in the past). 7000ft EL meant a week or two of hot weather and then monsoons would kick in and lower temps for the rest of the summer so much that fans were sufficient or simple evaporative (swamp) cooler would be more than enough. Now (esp this Summer) we have had basically zero rain and temps in the 90's the whole summer. Lots of new HVAC's going in to older homes. I heard that the ave cost on a mini split install is like $20K (here) which just seems crazy high since these units are not that expensive on their own (to purchase) really and the install is so simple (exterior walls).

Let us know how it turns out. We are at the point of a new HVAC installation ourselves at not sure which way to go.

I decided to carry on around the house. I have actually been talking about this for 2 years. Hoping it will keep the skirting cleaner.

Tomorrow I am installing mini split heat pumps (A/C and heat) in 3 rooms. The outdoor unit for the back two rooms is going in the center area by the ladder. The much is also giving me an area to put pavers down for the outdoor unit.
View attachment 104728
There is a pressure washer in my future!
View attachment 104729

I heard that the ave cost on a mini split install is like $20K (here) which just seems crazy high since these units are not that expensive on their own (to purchase) really and the install is so simple (exterior walls).

Let us know how it turns out. We are at the point of a new HVAC installation ourselves at not sure which way to go.
You can do it Mike, it's not like it's nuclear science or anything..... 🤣

Starting the loading process of the RV for this Monday's departure. Over the last few weeks I've been buying and making extras of proteins for dinners on the road. Most are raw but pre-seasoned and vacuum sealed so that I can sous vide for a couple of hours then throw on our tiny portable grill for 10mins or so. I've got enough for 17 dinners so far which should cover the 21 day trip less 4 days at our daughters and a couple with some of Lori's relatives. To make up for the built-in tiny freezer I found a 50 quart 12v ice chest style freezer that stows under the table to store the majority of the frozen goods. Lori's been teasing me about being so organized and picky about our food but she's lucky she wasn't around in the days where I'd just load up a case of spam, a loaf of bread, 3 bags of chips and 40 cases of beer and call it a day.
FoodInventoried.jpgFoodStacked4Freezer.jpg12vFreezer.jpg

Back