What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, it will be the Syrah from the spring that I still have to MLF . Plus I have the Barbera, Zin and now the Norton. Going to use your formula for aging times in the new barrel plus my original barrel that has been sitting with water and now probably fairly neutral. I also just bought sulfur sticks to burn if I have to store an empty barrel.

Nope, it will be the Syrah from the spring that I still have to MLF . Plus I have the Barbera, Zin and now the Norton. Going to use your formula for aging times in the new barrel plus my original barrel that has been sitting with water and now probably fairly neutral. I also just bought sulfur sticks to burn if I have to store an empty barrel.

That barrel is only 6 months old, right? You've got another 12-18 months before its neutral.

I made another hot sauce tonight.
From our garden, I grabbed:
Habaneros, Jalapenos, Tomatos, Tomatillo's, basil.
Added in some onion, garlic, carrots, and some dried hot paraguayan peppers we brought back from our last trip.

I put this in the BBQ and smoked it using some of our apple tree branches. After an hour I blended it up, added 2 cups orange juice, 2 cups apple cider vinegar. Blended it up very smooth, and simmered for an hour.

Going to bottle it tomorrow.

20171026_190600.jpg

20171026_193556.jpg

20171026_204905.jpg

Florida vacation and I've been sick all week, wisdom teeth are hurting me and I gave my wife my cold too. Weather has been chilly and all I wanted to do was to sleep. Flying home on Saturday, then Sunday morning taking a trip to Erie to pick up 3 barrels of juice (Chardonnay, Barolo and Concord). Then it's off to Dallas for work for a week.....

I'm going to the Writer's Club meeting. I'll read a little short story that I wrote this week and listen to others that write.
My wine is coming along nicely. This is what I do while waiting.

End of season hot sauce

I was wondering what to do with end of season odds and ends from my rooftop garden. And then I saw @GreenEnvy22 post, that was it hot sauce. Had some other odds and ends in the fridge. Jalapenos, tomatoes and herbs from the garden. Cooked , pureed and bottled. Have several containers of smoked dried jalapenos picked about a month ago for an adobo sauce in the next week or two..

IMG_20171028_110219764_HDR_1.jpg

IMG_20171028_111034144_HDR_1.jpg

IMG_20171028_121410799_HDR_1.jpg

IMG_20171028_135052915_HDR_1.jpg

IMG_20171028_135736830_1.jpg

IMG_20171028_182715160_1.jpg

Babysitting my 3 month old nephew for a few hours, then bottling after I fortify my wine. Decided NOT to fortify before babysitting... didn't think the new parents would handle tipsy aunt really well ;)

Started a yeast starter to try and kick start my stopped fermentation. I stared out with the wrong yeast.

not enchanted with the new look on the website. Maybe like a fungus, it will grow on me.

Picked up 12 gal of Blueberry, 12 gal of Pear, and 36 gal of Elderberry along with 57 gal of Barolo, 57 gal of Chardonnay and 50 gal of Concord. We are running out of wine for the wine shows. If we can get past tomorrow and next weekend, we should be good....

Latest posts

Back