What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck! Hope you are wearing your kevlar vest......

We always hit up Legal Seafood for an upscale seafood place and then No Name Seafood for the unpretentious locals spot that has amazing seafood at half the price of the upscale places.

Sitting on a United flight from New Orleans to Boston, via Houston, and on to Boston. Boston to Bar Harbor plane is listed as a "Cessna". I'm hoping it's a Citation jet and not a little prop plane....... In any case, if I don't get beat up on the flight, I'll be gorging on lobster for dinner, may even pick a bottle of white wine for dinner.

Good luck! Hope you are wearing your kevlar vest......

We always hit up Legal Seafood for an upscale seafood place and then No Name Seafood for the unpretentious locals spot that has amazing seafood at half the price of the upscale places.

Legal is one of my favorites, but there are none in Bar Harbor, might have a chance for a quick bite there in the Boston airport. No Name is in Boston also, we won't be spending time in Boston.

While in Bar Harbor, we will visit Bar Harbor Cellars, go on a lobster boat trip, eat at Jordan's, and various other places Mrs. JohnD picked. Any recommendations in Bar Harbor?

Unfortunately have not been to Bar Harbor so I would let Trip Advisor or Yelp be your guide. We use to go to Boston every year for about 5 years in a row for scientific conferences but we were always holed up in the downtown Boston area.

I think it is worth remembering that it was not all that long ago that Megacorps in the private sector did offer pensions and decent amounts of vacation days and sick leave. The fact that those (pensions, especially) have gone away in the private sector does not mean that they were a bad idea!

Melting again (at least for this early in the year). 2nd day in the 90's. I pride myself on not utilizing irrigation unless necessary (and laugh at the others in the neighborhood whose sprinklers have been on nearly every morning since St. Patrick's Day). But this evening, I'm finally breaking down and will get the sprinklers reopened for the season.

Wine making wise... I just finished racking my first try at banana wine primary to secondary. Very "pulpy" compared to other fruit wines I've done.

Melting again (at least for this early in the year). 2nd day in the 90's. I pride myself on not utilizing irrigation unless necessary (and laugh at the others in the neighborhood whose sprinklers have been on nearly every morning since St. Patrick's Day). But this evening, I'm finally breaking down and will get the sprinklers reopened for the season.

Heavy T storms tomorrow then back to the upper 70s

Decided to also rack the Guava wine from secondary and stabilize. This was a looooooooonnnnnng ferment. I have no idea why, but it seems to have been worth it. Aromatically, it is a great big ball of guava in your face. Tasting great as well. At .998 now and I'll probably bring it to 1.002-ish before bottling. Still waiting for final disappearance of the remaining CO2 though. Bottom line though, this little experiment looks like it is going to turn out some very good $1.25/bottle wine.

I'll be gorging on lobster for dinner, may even pick a bottle of white wine for dinner.

Oh man! Maine and lobster. A nice chilled dry white and it's "who the heck needs a bib"!!!!

Let me say this only once..

Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures

Oh, and while you are at it...

Pictures

Oh man! Maine and lobster. A nice chilled dry white and it's "who the heck needs a bib"!!!!

Let me say this only once..

Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures

Oh, and while you are at it...

Pictures

View from my balcony, day 1.

IMG_0851.jpg

Anyone have to deal w/ identity theft? I found out that a fraudulent account was set up at a department store under my name. Fortunately, credit monitoring picked it up and with that monitoring comes restoration services. Only a few hundred dollars racked up on the account. Still a pain in the butt though. Have to file a police report, lots of phone calls, etc. And they are asking for a ton of info - including limited power of attorney (I assume this is so they can work with credit reporting services and the IRS to be sure all the right precautions are in place). It's just a whole lot of info and now i'm gun-shy about telling anyone anything. Want to be sure I have all the protection I can get though. I have to assume that this credit account was a mere 'test' to see if it would be safe to move onto bigger, more damaging things. :m

Anyone have to deal w/ identity theft? I found out that a fraudulent account was set up at a department store under my name. Fortunately, credit monitoring picked it up and with that monitoring comes restoration services. Only a few hundred dollars racked up on the account. Still a pain in the butt though. Have to file a police report, lots of phone calls, etc. And they are asking for a ton of info - including limited power of attorney (I assume this is so they can work with credit reporting services and the IRS to be sure all the right precautions are in place). It's just a whole lot of info and now i'm gun-shy about telling anyone anything. Want to be sure I have all the protection I can get though. I have to assume that this credit account was a mere 'test' to see if it would be safe to move onto bigger, more damaging things. :m

I do not Jim, sorry you're having to deal with it, but you seem to be on the right path having caught it quickly. Good luck!!

Who wants the limited power of attorney, the credit monitoring service or the department store? That sounds a bit strange to me and my wife (she was business mgr for a law office for a while). I'd run it past an attorney first before you give that power to anyone. I have a few people I can run this past but it might take a day to get a good answer (one is a retired State Police officer, she's good and my main resource). Even someone like @jgmann67 may be able to give you some good advice, but I'd ask an attorney if you have one you have requested services from in the past.

It's the monitoring/restoration company. Either way, I'm very, very hesitant.

I can see the need for someone to work on my behalf with various companies/agencies. But these are people I've never met, officially never hired, etc...

Delabled some bottles this morning. Then off to coach little league. Had a great, nail-biter of a game from which we emerged victorious. Beautiful day - overcast, low 70's with a nice breeze. After that, my son and I hung around to watch one of the 'big kid' games (12-13 year olds). Then Lowe's for fertilizer, Wally World for charcoal and home to fertilize the lawn. Now chilling on the couch watching the Nationals game while wife and youngest are at a b-day party.

Latest posts

Back