What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a sleepless night I'm watching the gold medal curling match. So far so good for Canada. Woman's hockey gold match is this afternoon. A decent day to grow roots nit the couch

Cleaned more bottles and the bottle trees are full. Racked 5 gallons of Skeeter Pee to glass. Tossed in 3 Cinnamon sticks into the Pear wine and 1 1/2 sticks into the Cherry Wine.

I think I'm going to take the plunge and finally add the Whole House filter to the All-in-one system. I've been agonizing over this for almost year. Too much paralysis by overanalysis....

Cleaned more bottles and the bottle trees are full. Racked 5 gallons of Skeeter Pee to glass. Tossed in 3 Cinnamon sticks into the Pear wine and 1 1/2 sticks into the Cherry Wine.

I think I'm going to take the plunge and finally add the Whole House filter to the All-in-one system. I've been agonizing over this for almost year. Too much paralysis by overanalysis....

It works great, you'll kick yourself for not pulling the trigger sooner.

Bill's going to continue agonizing....LOL.......

Over the years I have tracked down many a thing. Deer, moose, bear, rabbits, missing tools and even a girl or two. But today was a first. This high wind sent me tracking the trash can and blue box. The creek snagged the blue box maybe 700m away from the house but the trash can skipped the creek and skidded across the pond. Wind took that sucker almost 2kms away. The walk back in the wind damn near killed me. The foot or so of slush and ice made for a killer slip and slide

Just pitched yeast on my WE selection 18L California cab/merlot. I witches the yeast and added rc-212 and added just a bit if yeast nutrient. I placed 90 grams of the medium oak chips into a mesh bag and placed in primary.starting SG 1.092 at 74 degrees.

Secondary I will add pound of blackberries and 10 grams of rouge Richie tannins. Can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Don't know what happened to my last post but I'll be racking, Gamay, Blueberry Port, racking and bottling, apple wine, Pinot Gris and tropical daze. Have family coming over to help. If I get it all done maybe we'll celebrate with a "burn the Christmas tree" party lol at least it's reasonably balmy at -5c today. Supposed to get up to 0.

Carolyn

Don't know what happened to my last post but I'll be racking, Gamay, Blueberry Port, racking and bottling, apple wine, Pinot Gris and tropical daze. Have family coming over to help. If I get it all done maybe we'll celebrate with a "burn the Christmas tree" party lol at least it's reasonably balmy at -5c today. Supposed to get up to 0.

Carolyn

You posted it on the "Only constant is change" thread by accident! But I like it there!

Pfiph!!! Sorry! Need more coffee. I'm going to label SourGrapes as the official thread finder lol! Thanks for pointing that out :)

Carolyn

Racked the Nero/Dolcetta blend and the Skeeter Pee again. Going to dinner for my cousins 50th. birthday. Might start bottling the wedding wine tomorrow.

Went to Ison's for more blueberry plants and added them to the blueberry garden.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

A yearly wash and wax is never a bad thing. Mud holds moister next to the steel and causes that cancer known as rust. I have seen some major frame damage caused by mud sitting in side of the frame and rusting out.

Latest posts

Back