What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry! Did you look at the date and TIME I posted? R u saying you are innocent that Mike and jumped a foot in the air??????!

????? not sure what your saying ???? I know I didn't post right away,,but didn't see it till last night,,,,,sorry :(

Just finished dinner. A three cheese chicken and pasta bake and a 2011 Biltmore Estates Reserve Riesling. Very smooth, off dry. Dropped my hydrometer in this one. SG of 1.004. May try to emulate that with the current Riesling batch I got going. This kit will NOT come close to the Biltmore, but I like the sweetness of this; very mild; not intrusive at all.

It's funny how differently I look at wines now that I've started making them. Any of you folks ever test commercial wines to emulate what you like?

????? not sure what your saying ???? I know I didn't post right away,,but didn't see it till last night,,,,,sorry :(

Lol, so you are saying the loud boom did not come from your place on Saturday? Roflmao, you know Mike and I automatically blamed your place!

Lol, so you are saying the loud boom did not come from your place on Saturday? Roflmao, you know Mike and I automatically blamed your place!

LOL!! Yes I am innocent!!! We were up camp over the weekend and so was our daughter and son-in-law,,,so he was innocent this time as well!! Now I know what your talking about,,,,haahahahahahha!! Not my place,,,but might be close to my place,,,,,kids now adays,,,,

Just finished dinner. A three cheese chicken and pasta bake and a 2011 Biltmore Estates Reserve Riesling. Very smooth, off dry. Dropped my hydrometer in this one. SG of 1.004. May try to emulate that with the current Riesling batch I got going. This kit will NOT come close to the Biltmore, but I like the sweetness of this; very mild; not intrusive at all.

It's funny how differently I look at wines now that I've started making them. Any of you folks ever test commercial wines to emulate what you like?

Yes, I know there are a handful on here who do and check the acid on your Riesling that you are liking and make sure your kit is the same.

I agree the Biltmore Riesling was very nice. Yes, I have now started looking at commercial wines differently, and seeing what I like, and if a bottle makes it home, I check the sg, ta, & ph and record it in my little notes. I have started looking at some of the wineries that I have been and it is nice when I look on their website some of them will give the blend and percent on some of their wines kinda nice to have that as a reference as well and to compare if you attempt the same.

Yes, I know there are a handful on here who do and check the acid on your Riesling that you are liking and make sure your kit is the same.

Had to chuckle on that as in the last few minutes I was in the kitchen testing the acid with the little bit I had left. Came out at .725. I am going to have to start adding these bits to my notes.

LOL!! Yes I am innocent!!! We were up camp over the weekend and so was our daughter and son-in-law,,,so he was innocent this time as well!! Now I know what your talking about,,,,haahahahahahha!! Not my place,,,but might be close to my place,,,,,kids now adays,,,,

HaHaHa, that is hilarious and I'm sure not far from you.

I need to clean my winery a little after bottling a vina del vida chardonnay yesterday. It is only 5 months old. should be good by now as it is a "4 - 6 week kit' but it is not. beyond the sourness of a young wine, I can test good flavors though. It was oaked with powder.

pwrose said:
Are you headed out in the ocean or in the bay/sound area? What are yall catching down there this time of year?

We went down to Lake Sutton by Wilmington. We stick mainly to the rivers and intracoastal. Not really sure what's biting yet.

This is what I am doing today.

ok Shelly, I'm jealous. It's still too cold on the Susquehanna River to pull the boat out, but I was going to clean it up this weekend.

Are you taking it to the shore, or the Lake?

My daughter lives on Lake Norman in Catawba.

ok Shelly, I'm jealous. It's still too cold on the Susquehanna River to pull the boat out, but I was going to clean it up this weekend.

Are you taking it to the shore, or the Lake?

My daughter lives on Lake Norman in Catawba.

Reefman, my step son lives on Lake Wylie, in Tega Cay, SC. Lake Norman flows into Lake Wylie and is bout 45 minutes away. Small world.

Its been a long week with the top corporate guy in from Italy to see me. I learned to never take wine from your cool basement and leave it in your car until work is over (the cork blew out, but no spillage). So I gave the bottle to GeoS to enjoym which he said he liked (he's a good fibber).

We bottled the Key Lime Pee, Cranberry Lime Pee and 5 gallons of Regular Pee for a classmate of my wife's kids graduation party. We have 8 gallons of regular Pee to bottle yet from the demi. Next up: bottling the Beaugelois and the Cranberry Pomegranate.

Reefman, my step son lives on Lake Wylie, in Tega Cay, SC. Lake Norman flows into Lake Wylie and is bout 45 minutes away. Small world.

Yes, it is. There are several WMT members down in that general area too. I'm hoping to catch up with some of them later this summer when I go visit my daughter.
One of her neighbors (retired) is also a wine maker, although he's not on the list...he doesn't even have email....we exchange bottles each time I get a chance to visit.

It's pizza and wine night here. We enjoyed a Raspberry Acres Fredonia and are now sitting around relaxing and watching our Ghost Hunter DVDs.

tomorrow, we need to start sanitizing bottles and bottling the Cran Pom, Beaugelois and Barolo.

I enjoyed a bottle of Valpolicella Classico Superiore DOC 2010 Caterina Zardini, a real nice wine for the price, I wish that I would have bought a case!

Getting excited to pick up my first Chilean juice and grapes on Friday. Is it weird that I'm a little nervous? :e

Added my the last of my lime to the Mojito Skeeter Pee. SG was at 1.048. Gave it a good stir along with my other bucket of Cab Sauv. Everything that was transferred into carboys yesterday is bubbling along nicely.

Currently I have 9 empty carboys will be in Northeast Pa this weekend. May just have to make a trip to Walkers. LOL

Latest posts

Back