What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back sweetened 6 gallons of Niagra this am. Had a bottle of that and a bottle of Concord from yesterday so mixed them together and back sweetened it as well. It's sitting in the fridge for later his evening. Also cleaned the labels off 2 1/2 cases of bottles that were soaking in the sink. Will be filling those hack up later this week with one of the wines that were sweetened this weekend.

LHBS called to say my LE Italian Nebbiolo was in yesterday so I picked it up. Racked the Shiraz to secondary today and mixed on the Nebbiolo. This will be the last kit for this year. Actually forgot that I had this on order! Tastes great in the primary. There was a large grape bag with it.

Bottled Chardonnay, Riesling, Merlot, white Merlot, Whit Zinfandel, Amarone, and Viux Chateau today, 18 cases in all. Some one mention intervention so I went to Wendy's and got a burger.

Jimmyjames that looks awesome. It is on my short list to do this summer when the mint is ready from the herb garden.

I picked up a beautiful wine press today. It was passed down from a Great Uncle to the guy I bought it from. It dates from the 1920s and is in excellent condition! I assured the man that I would be thinkng of him and his great Uncle every time i used or even looked at the press! It came with two grape crushers and some primitive tools used for punching down the cap and assisting the rapes through the crushers. All of the tools and equipment is heavily stained from the grapes. I sure am happy with Craigslist and this find!

I picked up a beautiful wine press today. It was passed down from a Great Uncle to the guy I bought it from. It dates from the 1920s and is in excellent condition! I assured the man that I would be thinkng of him and his great Uncle every time i used or even looked at the press! It came with two grape crushers and some primitive tools used for punching down the cap and assisting the rapes through the crushers. All of the tools and equipment is heavily stained from the grapes. I sure am happy with Craigslist and this find!

SO, does this mean your wife can start doing laundry again now that she can press the clothes before hanging them out to dry?

Phil you of all people know the rules. Pictures or it didn't happen. :re

Working all weekend in Ohio. Gonna try to slurp down some of GeoS' Skeeter Pee and will crack open some of my loot from the Luva Bella meeting tomorrow evening. Look out next Friday (first day off in 2 weeks). The wine will be flowing at the Ho Estate....

Opened a bottle of my one year old sauv blanc/pinot gris blend tonight and it was the best it has been so far. Just started my one week vacation...I will be bottling my stag's leap and starting my super tuscan this week. Should be a good week!!

Had dinner with my wife in Auburn, NY:
Crab Cakes with a chipotle remoulade
Calamari Friti
Filet Mignon with Bearnaise sauce
Porterhouse with grilled Brussels sproutes
Pasta ai quattro formaggi con tartuffo (4 cheese sauce with truffles)
Mocali Brunello do Montalcino 2007
amazing dinner followed with Cheese cake and apple crisp.
Nite cap of my German gerwurztraminer
Great evening!

Sounds like the trip to the FL area was a very nice one for you Tom. I still expect you to come visit some time when you are closer, like either Montreal or Burlington.

Rich, we very much look forward to coming up to visit you! I have been showing my wife your website, she wants to place a decent order with you, she wants to be able to taste the very best of NY state wines....gotta love her!

Had some good friends over and with the weather warming up nicely I pulled out a Prime Rib Roast that I snagged over Xmas when they were on sale for crazy cheap. Took two days to thaw out! Slow grilled it using the large Webber 22" "kettle" grill over pecan wood from Las Cruces (pecan orchard) with some charcoal to get it going good. Hand rubbed with "Herbs de Provence" as well as some S&P. Took about 2.5 hours to get it to perfection. Served with some oven roasted tricolor fingerling potatoes and fresh french green beans (Costco) that were sautéd in a little S&P, butter and Dijon mustard.

Opened a bottle of 2010 Red Mountain Cab. It was a good evening! :hug

Home from Church, now for some serious laundry. Any luck at all and I'll be able to squeeze in bottling the Concord wine today. Going to make hot sausage on the grill with grilled veggies for dinner. Yummm

Spread Grubex in the yard, washed the outside of the house down, power washed the patio and furniture. It's now noon time and I'm going shopping. Need to pick up 10 pounds of raisins and mesh bags for the Chilean juice I'll be picking up.

Stuck in Bowling Green Ohio for the day, but it has been a rather lucrative weekend for me in Ohio (mo' money for the wine making). It will be a long drive home, but the weather should be nice.

AGAIN I will try to sanitize some bottles to do some bottling as my Chilean juices are still fermenting and I will need the space....

Latest posts

Back