What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both those racks look great. Back from Vegas Saturday and transferred the WE LE Malbec Bonarda to secondary. Decided to bottle my 2 Cheeky Monkey kits, Malbec and Shiraz, since I will need them out of the carboys in a week or so anyhow. Mixed on my last kit for the year, the WE World Vineyard Australian Shiraz. Going to have to get everything done and bottled before Sept. when I have to tear apart my wine room. Bit rushed, but it will be OK. BTW, if anyone is in Vegas, could you please look around and see if you can see my money?? Didn't gamble much, but I found some great food, better wine, and great cigars!:sm

Last edited:
I'll come back and letcha all know what kinda fun I have

Only made it part way through my "2013 Wine-Clean Out/Up".. Similiar in theory to normal 'spring cleaning' - out with all the dust, any gross equipment gets oxicleaned, and cleaning all glass (even the full stuff, but obviously not while its full) inside and out

In the pics;
2010 Riesling Ice Wine (RJS LE Kit) ... Friggin' amazing.
2012 Apple-Pear ... I like, I like!

More to do/come tomorrow

2010rieslingicewine.jpg

2012applepear.jpg

Sorry got your message too late. The blends were ones I came up with based off what they bought in the past. I sent a bottle of each for approval then moved ahead in making them. Still have another load to go later this month which is in the chiller tanks cold stabilizing right now.

Well my step son just bought a house in North Carolina, 14 1/2 acres with a separate building that was a winemaking room and a smoke house attached. In the winemaking room, there are 3 carboys and I did not get a chance to see what other wine equipment was there but whatever is there will stay, it is now mine, woohoo. AND there is one hell of a mother of a vine growing in the backyard. I have no idea what it is but my step son will ask what it is, I'm thinking it is either concord or muscadine. If it is muscadine this is a jackpot! Plus there are about 8 cherry trees blooming in the backyard as well.

Sorry got your message too late. The blends were ones I came up with based off what they bought in the past. I sent a bottle of each for approval then moved ahead in making them. Still have another load to go later this month which is in the chiller tanks cold stabilizing right now.

Well what day is that you will be moving that? :i

So I take it your taking all the winemaking equipment and your son will make use of the smoke house. That could be one heck of a party, your wine and his smoked meats with Mike Bar-B-Cuing. That vine is probably a Wisteria! :) watch the frost line on it.

Thank you Dan on letting me know about the frostline, I will make sure he pays attention. And don't worry THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS WISTERIA!!!!! And Mike has laid claim to the smokehouse, he has big plans on smoking, lol, all the son needs to do is make the mortgage payments :h

Well my step son just bought a house in North Carolina, 14 1/2 acres with a separate building that was a winemaking room and a smoke house attached. In the winemaking room, there are 3 carboys and I did not get a chance to see what other wine equipment was there but whatever is there will stay, it is now mine, woohoo. AND there is one hell of a mother of a vine growing in the backyard. I have no idea what it is but my step son will ask what it is, I'm thinking it is either concord or muscadine. If it is muscadine this is a jackpot! Plus there are about 8 cherry trees blooming in the backyard as well.

Thank you Dan on letting me know about the frostline, I will make sure he pays attention. And don't worry THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS WISTERIA!!!!! And Mike has laid claim to the smokehouse, he has big plans on smoking, lol, all the son needs to do is make the mortgage payments :h

So when are you planting your Muscadine vinyard? Sounds like a nice bit of property. Need to post some pictures.

Well, I was finally able to get a couple more glass carboys the other day. I racked 2 batches (1 batch I racked 3 times to degas) using the mighty allinone. I had it all done and the tubing cleaned up in 15 minutes! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PUMP!!!!! Best investment I've made for making wine. I've been tossing the idea around in my head about making beer as well. If I can figure a place to store the kegs, the game is on. Only a couple of varieties though. Guiness is a definite. Maybe Shock Top for the wifey.
Also, started my Moscato and Sangria kits.

Did some blending tonight, Zinfindal and pomegranate, 2 to 1 seems to be the ticket. Boy is this good!

Julie said:
Did some blending tonight, Zinfindal and pomegranate, 2 to 1 seems to be the ticket. Boy is this good!

I would say I blended this but it was the kit and it has now became one of our favorites.

LuvaBella's was selling Pom/Zin last fall and I bought a glass and loved it immediately. It is a nice tasting wine.

Well last night the wife and I shared a bottle of Marquette from Grapeman we ordered online. The wine was great. We both enjoy it so much we can't hardly wait till next year when we will have our first crop of Marquette. Rich is a great wine maker and provides fast service. Thanks rich!

Working from home, such a nice day I decided to go out for lunch and I took the bike since I put the new battery in it last night. Taking my wonderful wife out to dinner this evening, then home to get the wines together for tomorrow's meet and greet at Luva Bella.

Today, I will be leaving beautiful southwest Florida, heading back to Pennsylvania. Really don't want to leave but must get back to tend to about 40 carboys that are ageing and 125 gallons of Chilean grape juice that is waiting for me to pick up.

Truck is all loaded, blended my Concord-Niagra and back sweetened it, also back sweetened 5 gallons of Concord. Getting ready to head out to Luva Bella. Will back sweeten the Niagra tomorrow, supposed to be a nice day today will likely try to do some yard work after Luva Bella. Better put some pee in the fridge if I'm doing yard work. LOL

Latest posts

Back