What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isnt that pretty much Blue Moon except youll need a little coriander also! Funny you mention this Julie as Ill be making a Blue Moon clone all grain either next weekend or the week after as one of the kegs is getting low.

Cleaned around the house pretty much all day. Had to take one of our 12 y/o labs to the vets this evening. Unfortuneately, I was the only one to come home. They suspected either cancer or an internal tumor ruptured. Not a good evening in the household.

Drinking a toast to Maggie now. She is in a far better place.

Cleaned around the house pretty much all day. Had to take one of our 12 y/o labs to the vets this evening. Unfortuneately, I was the only one to come home. They suspected either cancer or an internal tumor ruptured. Not a good evening in the household.

Holy Cow Doug, I feel your pain. Sorry for your lost, I, too, will drink a toast in honor of Maggie.

Very very sorry for your loss. The loss of a child is something no parent should experience. Even our four legged children. May God Bless you and your family.

Very sorry to hear that Doug. Ive grown up with and owned pets all my life and its the hardest thing for them to pass. A few of my animals are approaching that dreaded date here. Over here, I finally got something bottled which is a feat in itself! If I can just keep this up for about 8 more weeks Ill be back on track! Yeah right!!!

Tonight my wife needed a half cup of red wine for an onion soup she was making so I opened my first ever bottle of red wine I made. It was a Heron Bay Ultra Cabernet Merlot I bottled in May 2010. I thought it was actually quiet good for not being a red wine drinker. Then I tried it through an aerator and it was really good. Looking forward to seeing what another six months will bring.

Doug,
I'm terribly sorry. I've lost two dogs over the years. I won't lose another.

Doug, sorry about your loss I haven't been on in a couple of days..

What have I done... Hummmmmm Well I bottled my strawberry SP and I wasn't to happy with it. I started with a strawberry slurry and then I added some strawberry flavoring (bought at LHBS) and in the end it kinda tasted a little fake... Oh well on a hot day ice cold I won't care so much... hehe then I decided it was time to mix and bottle my Strawberry and my kiwi... neither of the tastes really jumped out so I am hoping wth some age it will get better or I will learn a good lesson.. haha

For all you south central PAers I am looking forward to meeting some of you at Mr Steve's next Wed eveing for the first of the wine club meetings..

Thanks everyone. Have a FD board meeting this evening, that should be short and sweet (hopefully). I checked the SG of my Blueberry Pomegranate, it was 1.004. I'll probably transfer to the secondary on Thursday.

Doug I am so very sorry for your loss. I have 3 labs right now, and I do not know if I will be able to handle it when I loose one... Sending you many virutal hugs and drinking a toast to your Maggie

From one dog lover to another, my deepest sympathies. I have done the same thing on several occasions. Lucky for me, my vet is also a close friend who makes house calls on those saddest of times so we all get to say goodbye in the comfort of home.

Gone but definitely not forgotten.

Looking for more excuses not to clean bottles or bottle any wine until the weekend! LOL

Wade no kidding if you were closer I would give you a hand or lend you some bottles. I stopped at a winery today and they asked me if I needed any bottles. I turned them down at this time as I have about 30 cases cleaned and ready to go. Besides there will be a big wine event here in about a month and I'll get a bunch then.

Wade no kidding if you were closer I would give you a hand or lend you some bottles. I stopped at a winery today and they asked me if I needed any bottles. I turned them down at this time as I have about 30 cases cleaned and ready to go. Besides there will be a big wine event here in about a month and I'll get a bunch then.

Must be nice to have all the bottles you need. I just wrote out an email to all my local wineries begging for some. Hopefully, one of them will have a few cases of used ones laying around they don't want. It's either that, or buy some that I can't afford right now or start drinking from the carboys :d

How come Christmas presents with notes "Please return empties" doesn't mean anything to all the folks that got the gifts!

Latest posts

Back