What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slept in until 7:30 this am. Not bad considering after the fireworks and cleaning and a fire alarm activation, we had a fully involved garage fire to deal with. Oh the joys, looks like home fireworks were the culprit. Got in around 3:30 am.

Need to go to the park to breakdown our booth today at some point and then maybe see about heading out for a ride.

Well last night I filtered 4 wines and today I have to bottle them . But i don't have my label made yet for my Spring Fever wine I made from scratch ,that might have to wait until tomorrow . Thankfully I have some bags I'm putting some of the wines in , that will save me alot of time .

Sitting on the deck cruising the net. Very nice evening. I have had to bring work home every evening this week but I decided today was enough, I wasn't doing anything. I will be celebrating the 4th with two of our children tomorrow, the other two live out of PA, actually one is in SC and the other is in S. Korea. Today Mike and I grilled chicken and I made angel hair pasta with tuscan house dressing, tomatos and onions, topped with mozza cheese. We drank a bottle of riesling with it, it was definitely a good match. A very nice evening.

Julie that pasta sounds really good is the tuscan house dressing something you buy or make from scratch ?

Sitting on the deck cruising the net. Very nice evening. I have had to bring work home every evening this week but I decided today was enough, I wasn't doing anything. I will be celebrating the 4th with two of our children tomorrow, the other two live out of PA, actually one is in SC and the other is in S. Korea. Today Mike and I grilled chicken and I made angel hair pasta with tuscan house dressing, tomatos and onions, topped with mozza cheese. We drank a bottle of riesling with it, it was definitely a good match. A very nice evening.

Sounds delightful.

Kraft Tuscan House Dressing. I use a chicken fryer pan, add water to cook angel hair pasta, I use Barilla Multi-grain, while water is boiling I chop up a tomato or two, put as much in as you like, dice a small onion and a clove of garlic, mix that together and set aside. When I put the noodles in to boil, Mike starts to grill the chicken breasts, we add 2 whole breasts. Once noodles are cooked, drain, and add house dressing until everything is well coated, add the tomato mixture, cut up chicken into bite size pieces, then add. Now top the whole thing with Mozzarella cheese. I let is simmer on low until cheese is melted. Then serve. I really do not measure anything other than the onion and garlic. As far as noodles, chicken, tomatoes and cheese eyeball it.

Just filled 30 bottles each of Pineapple (fresh) and White Cranberry Peach (juice)

Last edited:
I started out the day by going out and cutting up more of the big mulberry tree that I cut down last weekend only to get rained out that was at one o'clock and it is still raining here so I have been checking out our forum and I hope that I have been some help and not misleading anyone here.

Just filled 30 bottles each of Pineapple (fresh) and White Cranberry Peach (juice)

Thomas! We have stressed how many times about the three P's. Here you are bottling fresh juice without even fermenting or aging (maybe you're aging in the bottle). I think you're hanging out with drjack too much. Now its easy to understand how you have so many things bottled. Your kin folks are all drinking fresh juice from the bottle!

We went to my friend John's funeral this morning. The bagpipes were the saddest part of many sad parts but after a very rough week I feel better after saying my goodbyes to him. Ok sad stuff over. On the way home we stopped at a wine and liquor outlet and I found that the 1.5 magnums of my favorite sangria on sale for 5.47 a bottle and took 18 bottles away with me.
98 degrees here right now. We have some friends coming over for drinks and dinner. Thank goodness for central a/c.
:snta

Thomas! We have stressed how many times about the three P's. Here you are bottling fresh juice without even fermenting or aging (maybe you're aging in the bottle). I think you're hanging out with drjack too much. Now its easy to understand how you have so many things bottled. Your kin folks are all drinking fresh juice from the bottle!
:u
LOL !
The Pineapple I started LAST july was from 33 Pineapples. I added a huge f-pac now its like Pineapple juice with a KICK :br
!

I actually spent time with my mom and brothers.
Picked some wild raspberries at my parents house and at work this evening. I got about 2 cups. Going to pick more as soon as possible.

I removed the partial capsules, rinsed and seperated by color 20 cases of bottles. When I am ready to clean I can just grab cases of what ever colors I want in an instant. Tonight I started an OB Raspberry White Zinfandel.

Worked all week or a friend who owns a mini storage. He sold all the "defaulted" stuff. He gave me and my buddies everything that didnt seell so we are going to have our own sale. So much stuff we rentred a 26 foot U haul to move it!!!LMAO!! Man, lot of stuff.

We should be able to make a few bucks for sure, just praying real hard for the weather.

This was my idea, if we end up back hauling all this sheet, I will never be forgiven.
:mny

Cat just brought me half of a rabbit. Yuck. if I can teach her to bring pizzas I may have soething going!! LMFAO!!!

Last edited:
Well we didn't quit finish our bottling process yesterday because we spent about an hour looking for the bottle cleaner ( the red one that you push down on the thing sticking up in the middle & the cleaner goes in your bottle ) so hubby went & bought a new one . Well when I went to put the bag of wine in the closet and moved the bottles of wine we have in there for my MIL ,guess what was behind them :sh :po the bottle cleaner .I think we moved everything in the house but those bottles that were in a plastic bag :po . Anyways we decided to use both one with cleaner in it the other with sanitizer I did one hubby did the other and cut the job time down big time .Then we just needed to enjoy each others company on the deck after getting them all bottled . So now before I can do anything else today I have to label and shrink top the cherry wine & just shrink top the pomegranate . I still don't have the labels made for the wines i made from scratch ,so I have to do that before & can put them away .Then we are going to get another price on building our new shed and getting things together for refinishing the hardwood floor in the livingroom this weekend .

picked Bilberries. They are fat and juicy in our woods now. Mixing them with blueberry makes an interesting blend. I like to sparkle it and call it Billie Blue.

YUM fat and juicy!!!, I was going to squeeze and hug her and call her George, but Billie Blue works for me.

:hug

LMAO!

Tying to stay COOL
Check out the temps.. was 102* yesterday

picture.php

And just going HIGHER today... will have heat index of 110+*

picture.php

well stop by my place in TN. take a break and try some of my hard cider :b. if ya wanna?

u know what, if i had LOOKED at ur posted city/state then i so wudda stopped!!! i was in dandrige and drove from here (delaware ) to baton rouge then back passing thu dandrige each time......ill be back that way in august with the hubby maybe we can meet up for a lunch!!!

Tying to stay COOL
Check out the temps.. was 102* yesterday

And just going HIGHER today... will have heat index of 110+*

I took pics of our digitial thermometer today here. It only got to 99.5 degrees but I loved it. I had a Magic Hat #9 and a Saranac Imperial Stout on the deck this afternoon. Summer is here. This is what I wait for what gets me through our brutal winter. Oh yeah, I'm on vacation.

Larry

Latest posts

Back