what is needed for wine kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrh3

Reaction score
other than a hydrometer is there any other equipment i sould buy when making a selection estate washington valley resling kit. would i need any other test equipment?

other than a hydrometer is there any other equipment i sould buy when making a selection estate washington valley resling kit. would i need any other test equipment?

Honestly jrh that is about all you need besides the vessels and air locks. These kits are already balanced and if you follow the instructions you will end up with a great wine. You hydrometer is your best friend. When going from one step to the next go by your hydrometer readings and not by the days in between. Days are just a guide. The only other advice is ensure you degas really good.

thanks this will be my first kit other than the choco port im gonna start with it. I just wanna get it right cause the kits aint cheap, lol. Im gonna load up on carboys and other supplies as needed. I just de-labeled 40 chateu st. michelles resling bottles, FUN, i found a S.O.S. pad is your friend and wont scratch the bottles. lol any recommended stores online to buy supplies and such cheap, i have been using midwestsupplies.com

Contact George at Fine Vine Wines. One of our sponsors.

thats who im getting the choco port kit from i might use him for the other stuff i need, maybe if i drop 300 bucks on my first order he will discount, lol.

This is from Georges site...

DISCOUNTS

REGISTRATION DISCOUNT - As soon as you register, you we be added to our FVW Grower's Club and will qualify for 10% off reguraly stocked items. A flag will be placed on your account to indicate such and the shopping cart will automatically calculate this discount. This discount will be reflected right below the order subtotal on the lower right of the shopping cart page. Please note that this discount does not apply towards shipping charges.

BIRTHDAY CLUB - If you are a registered user and have provided your birth day and month, every year you will receive a coupon good for $5.00 off any order over $25.00. This coupon is in addition to any other discounts in which you may be entitled. These coupons are emailed on the first of the month and are good for your birth month only. To join up, register, go to the My Account section and provide your birth day and month.

just registered and my birthday is sept. 1st pricing is good totaled to 345 bucks with shipping, 9 days till order, wahoo.:db oh yeah 340 with my b day coupon.

Back