What is in a name?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabrictodyefor

Reaction score
As I read a thread, the brewer named his beer Hatchee Brew....A few others chimed in on the name of their "winery". I searched theads, but could not find another thread where others have shared the name of their winery, so here goes:
Mine is "Benge in the Wright Place" Benge as it is our last name and well it is pronounced like binge....and we live in a town called Wright..
How bout yours?

I live in two places. I live on Jade Lake in North Alabama so I named my winery Jade Lake Vineyards. I did plant some (very little) muscadines but they did not make it. The place in Florida is on a lake called Ocean Pond, Ocean Pond Vineyards.

Not real creative.

I originally called my "winery" Plum Tree Wines - because we have a plum tree in our yard but there have been too many of my friends and colleagues who were looking for plum wine in the bottles... So now I have removed all reference to plums and simply print labels that list the key ingredients...

"Broad Run Cellars". We have a stream running behind our house named Broad Run.

I used to call mint The Ray Way Wine Cellar (it's the Ray Way or the highway baby!), but changed it to Order & Chaos Winery. It's very indicative of our family dynamics. My son and I are the crazy tornadoes constantly spinning and restless; while my husband and daughter are the calm in the storm, patiently waiting for us to wear ourselves out.

The tag line is "Embrace the Maelstrom", which is also very fitting :)

Latest posts

Back