What happened to Pumpkinman?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnT,

You know I feel sorry that you "guys" in Jersey do not know the difference between a man and a woman, :slp :)

But I understand I had three brothers and they could never see me as female either. I'm thinking you owe me a bottle of wine, and now I have to tell my husband we have to go to Jersey to collect my wine and to show you "guys" what a female looks like, :)

Retire? Nope. Most on a fixed income can't afford it. Simple matter of economics....

JULIE.... :ft to this guy, jersey girls are proof that god loves jersey men..:HB

BTW - wondering what happened to jamesngalveston.....he seemed to be a cool guy

Julie,

In New Jersey, the word "Guys" is a nongenderuos term. Here, even women call each other "guys". "Hey, wait up you guys!", for example, is just as likely to be spoken by one woman to address other women as it is for one man to address other men.

This aspect of our local lingo has got me into trouble before. Once, I was speaking at a convention in Texas, and one review of my presentation was quite put off by my use of the word "Guys".

On another note, the use of the word "Dolls" will more than likely get you punched.

I'm with you though but in public politics the rule is- be careful the public is always volatile. What's PC today is not tomorrow.

Last edited:
He was also banned.

Yeah I caught that by accident the other day and was reading probably the penultimate exchange.

Makes me think of that Cheech and Chong joke from Cheech & Chong's Next Movie (1980)

I've, I've never, uh, like, been on stage before.
I hope I don't F__ up.

If I may..

It needs to be said that the moderators here NEVER take a decision like this lightly. In every case where the Mods had to step in, there was always a good reason.

To put it simply, the mods are doing a fantastic job running this site!
You guys (mods) have both my respect and admiration!

JULIE... Of all that I typed (above), the only thing you focus on is the word "GUYS"??? HMMMM,

Perhaps it is time for Julie to go to the corner???

Seriously, no offense was ever intended.

I will try to substitute "Guys" with the word "Folks" in future, but old habits are hard to break.

Any time you are in my area, the MRS and I would love to meet you. I'll put you down for a home cooked steak dinner and a tour of my "library".

JULIE... Of all that I typed (above), the only thing you focus on is the word "GUYS"??? HMMMM,

Perhaps it is time for Julie to go to the corner???

Seriously, no offense was ever intended.

I will try to substitute "Guys" with the word "Folks" in future, but old habits are hard to break.

Any time you are in my area, the MRS and I would love to meet you. I'll put you down for a home cooked steak dinner and a tour of my "library".

LOL, there was no offense taken, growing up with 3 brothers, I was always considered one of the "guys."

You know Dan will send me to the corner if I didn't bust on you about something!!!!!!! :D

I wonder what ever happened to Jimmy Hoffa?

I think he got banned.

LOL, there was no offense taken, growing up with 3 brothers, I was always considered one of the "guys."

You know Dan will send me to the corner if I didn't bust on you about something!!!!!!! :D

I think he got banned.

Now I have been very good lately.. Have not even typed the word "Welch's" in months.

Jimmy Hoffa- current residence is section 213 of the old Giant's stadium.

I stand corrected...

images

They found Jimmy Hoffa in the movie "Bruce Almighty" buried at the police academy training grounds. :D

Also Tess. She posted some great photos. :?

oh that's right; I haven't seen her for some time.....

After Tess "went silent" for some time, she reappeared briefly:

Welcome back, Tess! I must admit I feared the worst when you fell off the face of the Earth. I feared that maybe, I hate to even say it, I thought that perhaps (gasp), there had been an "intervention." :)

Your too funny Paul LMBO!!! No I just got busy with life. Im back in teh game though. Got home from work and went straight into my wine room to here that familiar snap crackle and pop of my dragons blood fermenting. lol

She went on to explain that she had a grandchild, and was spending her time with that child rather than WMT. She posted for a while, but then went silent again. I suspect and hope we'll see her again....

Latest posts

Back