What happened to Pumpkinman?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am indeed sorry to hear that Tom is no longer participating, he brought much to the table.

BC

Yeah, I was sorry to see him get banned, too. He was a passionate and positive contributor!

He was banned? Must of been something he did behind the scenes I haven't seen any post of his that would warrant that? He had just been named moderator too. I shall miss him also

Hate to see anyone get banned, especially when they are in my neck of the woods!

I didn't even know he was banned, he must have been on "double, secret probation"

I don't think he was banned. I think he simply chose to not be an active member for some reason. (my opinion only - I have no idea what transpired) Regardless, his input will be missed.

Can a mod say what happened??

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

This is dredging up unneeded scrutiny. Pumpkinman came and was well received and learned a lot quickly and was more than willing to share. He became a moderator, but his methods and beliefs about the direction of the forum split from what was envisioned by the forum itself. He was asked to comply with the forum leaders desires, but decided he didn't want to do it that way.

The short and simple explanation is that he is no longer here, although he would be welcome as a member. It is his decision if he returns or not. A lot of us certainly like Tom.

This is dredging up unneeded scrutiny. Pumpkinman came and was well received and learned a lot quickly and was more than willing to share. He became a moderator, but his methods and beliefs about the direction of the forum split from what was envisioned by the forum itself. He was asked to comply with the forum leaders desires, but decided he didn't want to do it that way.

The short and simple explanation is that he is no longer here, although he would be welcome as a member. It is his decision if he returns or not. A lot of us certainly like Tom.

Thanks for the explanation Grapeman. I'am sorry if my simple question opened up a can of worms as this was not intended.

If I may..

It needs to be said that the moderators here NEVER take a decision like this lightly. In every case where the Mods had to step in, there was always a good reason.

To put it simply, the mods are doing a fantastic job running this site!
You guys (mods) have both my respect and admiration!

Boy are you NOT getting out of the corner :ft

Julie,

In New Jersey, the word "Guys" is a nongenderuos term. Here, even women call each other "guys". "Hey, wait up you guys!", for example, is just as likely to be spoken by one woman to address other women as it is for one man to address other men.

This aspect of our local lingo has got me into trouble before. Once, I was speaking at a convention in Texas, and one review of my presentation was quite put off by my use of the word "Guys".

On another note, the use of the word "Dolls" will more than likely get you punched.

Julie,

In New Jersey, the word "Guys" is a nongenderuos term. Here, even women call each other "guys". "Hey, wait up you guys!", for example, is just as likely to be spoken by one woman to address other women as it is for one man to address other men.

This aspect of our local lingo has got me into trouble before. Once, I was speaking at a convention in Texas, and one review of my presentation was quite put off by my use of the word "Guys".

On another note, the use of the word "Dolls" will more than likely get you punched.

Just because it goes on in Jersey does not make it OK!
If we were to follow the trends of NJ, we would all be making Jersey lefts (jughandles)!!!!
:db

:wy
Just because it goes on in Jersey does not make it OK!
If we were to follow the trends of NJ, we would all be making Jersey lefts (jughandles)!!!!
:db

There are three types of folks out there....

glorious people from new jersey,
new yorkers that want to live in new jersey,
and those poor, unfortunate souls that do not know any better..... :)

Julie,

I first heard the term used when I was a young Marine stationed in Southern California around 63-64. Don't know if it was then that I first started using the term myself but I have used it for decades.

Back