What are your favorite white wine kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinlfifer

Reaction score
A friend wants help to make a white kit. (pinot grigio is his wife's favorite).

Please weigh in on the kits and recipes you like the best.

I just don't do whites.

I did a reisling too and it was enjoyed. Piesporter is real good. I get a lot of "When are you going to make another Piesporter?" I plan to make a Pinot Grigio for my next white. Chardonney wasnt very well received though. Mostly I use Mosti - Vinefera Noble kits for whites.

Last edited:
Pino Grigio has a unique taste. No other white kit will even be close. If that is what your friends wife wants, make that kind.

A happy wife (even a friends wife) makes a happy life!

Far and away my favorite so far is WE's Limited Edition Sauvignon / Blanc blend released in 2012. I've had raves from everyone who tried it. One neighbor (a red wine aficionado) swears by Cab. Sav. but finished off my bottle in one sitting. Unfortunately for him, you, and me we're not likely to see it again - although I have plenty in my cellar.

Last edited:
Far and away my favorite so far is WE's Limited Edition Sauvignon / Blanc blend released in 2012. I've had raves from everyone who tried it. One neighbor (a red wine aficionado) swears by Cab. Sav. but finished off my bottle in one sitting. Unfortunately for him, you, and me we're not likely to see it again - although I have plenty in my cellar.
Boy do I agree with you. Has the signature Sav. Blanc grassy taste finished with the honey note from the Semillon. I still have 20 bottles left and will go through them slowwwly. Unfortunately it is a limited edition kit and not available any more.

Piesporter, Riesling, Symphony, liebfraumilch and a few others all have turned out great....

The Cellar Craft Showcase whites have all been amazing. I have made almost all of the whites from this line. I have also made most of the whites from the Eclipse series and all have been good to great. Also made several of the RJS En Premiere line of whites. Again all very very good.

Eclipse Sauvignon Blanc and Renaissance Aussie Chard (barrel fermented) are both very good. In fact, I'll be making the SB again soon.

Back