What additives to add at secondary racking for Muscadine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr2step

Junior
Reaction score
Hey all. This is my first post here after checking things out for a bit. After bailing on trying my hand at wine last summer after picking all my grapes, I decided to take the plunge this year and just pitched the yeast this morning. I have 5 gallons of must from approx. 31 pounds of bronze muscadines. I took my S.G reading and adjusted sugar to about 1.090. Now I am just doing punch down few times a day and will be taking S.G readings daily until it gets down to about 1.020. My aim is to make a dryer wine similar to a champagne or pinos gris and not a sweet wine. My question is about adding additives at secondary racking. What do I use and how much should I use? There will probably be quite a bit of pulp and particles at this point. How to eliminate them is something I am wanting to know. I will strain the fruit must into mesh bag and press it to remove skins and seeds. At this point I am kinda lost. I have bentonite,clearing agent, and sulfur. Can you all direct or give me input into how much of these I will need to add to the carboy for the secondary fermentation? Many thanks in advance!!

Latest posts

Back