What a Deal...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell you what Amazon is fast with their free shipping ordered 2 of them on Sunday and will be here today... :HB

Gotta love Amazon Prime...it's a shame they don't carry more wine making supplies of their own.

2 of those 3 gallon carboys would probably cost you only a little more than buying 1 in some stores let alone paying for shipping.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered 2. I have amazon prime, so no shipping. Total of $50 for 2. Yes, my local store will sell me one for $30.99. Or I can get a 6.5 locally for $50.99, but if I want to divide a batch to have 2 levels of sweetness or for some other reason, I need options.

I bought three from them a few years ago the same way. One was busted up the other two were good. When I called Amazon the lady told me to check the other two real good and make sure they weren't cracked or scratched as she would have replaced them also. I had a new one within a week. They are toyally awesome.

The 2 carboys arrived today. No chips or cracks. What can I say? Now I have 1 half-gallon jug, 5 one gallon jugs, 2 three gallon carboys, a 5 gallon carboy, a 6.5 gallon carboy, a 6.5 gallon fermentation bucket and 3 four gallon fermentation buckets. I have access to dozens of 4 gallon food grade buckets with lids, so I can make as many fermentation buckets as I want.

Made in China
Oh, I forgot to mention. People talk about the carboys formerly being made in Mexico and then they are now made in Italy and more expensive because of that. The boxes these came in say they are made in China. This is probably why they are no longer made in Mexico, because the merchants can get them cheaper from China. But they still charge higher prices.

Latest posts

Back