Stainless Degassing Tool

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I used one, I used plastic. Now I let racking under vacuum and time take care of it. Is there a reason to use to stainless that I don't know of?
Mine is a SS rod with plastic pieces on the end. I don't know of a reason why all SS is better. However, I want a SS rod as it won't break, as opposed to the plastic ones I've seen.

Note: Keep in mind that the tool is not just for degassing. It's a stirring rod, so any time we're adding anything to the wine, it does the job.

Mine is a SS rod with plastic pieces on the end. I don't know of a reason why all SS is better. However, I want a SS rod as it won't break, as opposed to the plastic ones I've seen.

Note: Keep in mind that the tool is not just for degassing. It's a stirring rod, so any time we're adding anything to the wine, it does the job.
Sounds like the same one I use - "Mix-Stir".

Do you use the tool after adding glycerin, backsweeting etc

Cheers?

Sold! Added this version to my vintner tool chest ;-)

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back