Well it had to happen sometime (the broken carboy thread)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveTheWine

Reaction score
20l of fresh beer wort all over my floor and equipment.

Post your broken carboy pics too!

IMG_0373.jpg

I hope no one got hurt in this accident ?

I broke one before I came up with the idea of the Allinonewinepump and on July 4th ( many years ago ) I tried picking one up and my hands were wet - well Yes I dropped it and put a good slash in my wrist at the same time.
My son heard me swear and ran downstairs - to see wine and blood everywhere.

It was from that point on I told myself I was not going to carry full carboys anymore.

Sorry no pics

I still occasionally lift and carry them, but now I give more thought to racking from the floor to the table, next time back to the floor, then finally from the floor into bottles on the table.
Back to the broken carboy thread: I had just washed 2 and was holding the second one by the neck getting ready to set it on the floor about 6 inches from the first one. It slipped and fell a few inches to the floor which would not have been a problem, but it leaned away from me after it landed and clanked into the other carboy. It broke, but fortunately, the other one didn't.
My other sad story was a demijohn I bought. I used it once and when I finished washing it, I noticed a hairline crack along it's equator for a few inches. I don't know if it was there when I bought it or if it happened when I was washing it. So I don't use it any more.

I hope no one got hurt in this accident ?

I broke one before I came up with the idea of the Allinonewinepump and on July 4th ( many years ago ) I tried picking one up and my hands were wet - well Yes I dropped it and put a good slash in my wrist at the same time.
My son heard me swear and ran downstairs - to see wine and blood everywhere.

It was from that point on I told myself I was not going to carry full carboys anymore.

Sorry no pics

That is a crazy story. No-one got hurt on my end... just a sticky mess and lots of shards all over the floor.

Latest posts

Back