WE Selection Chile Pinot Noir 16l

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My two levered hand corker used to do that as well. Not worth worrying about, IMHO.

I read that the cheap corks only are good for about 2 years of aging. Has anyone had luck aging longer if I kept a few bottle long term? Could I do anything at the 2 year mark like cover in wax?

I read that the cheap corks only are good for about 2 years of aging. Has anyone had luck aging longer if I kept a few bottle long term? Could I do anything at the 2 year mark like cover in wax?

It's a matter of trust. Personally, I think that a #8 1.5" will be fine up to about 5 years, but would go with a better quality if you intend on aging longer (or have trust issues).

I'm sure there is science there too. Materials don't just start to fail because you stop believing in them. :h

If you made one of the lower costing kits I wouldn't keep it more then two years. If not I would leave them alone and use better corks next time if you intend to age that long.

It was a $100ish kit...wine expert selection. Probably wont make it that long but would be nice to keep a few a long time.

What do you think about reusing high quality corks taken out of other store bought wine? Just curious if that is an issue or not. Im too cheap aren't I? :)

Latest posts

Back