WineXpert WE island mist raspberry peach sangria

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was down to 1.046 last night, so I added some Fermaid K. It smells wonderful in the basement.

The Fermaid really kicked things in gear. It is all the way to 0.994 less than 4 days later (7 days total) and is still in my primary bucket.

What should my next step be?

Leave it in the bucket since it blew past 1.010 and all the way to dry? Will transferring now affect the stabilizing/clearing? If I leave it in the bucket, should I wait a week to get it back closer to the overall timeline from the instructions or can I safely proceed now?
Rack to a carboy and then wait the week?
Rack it and proceed right away?

I'm not sure how critical each step of the directions is or what sort of magic is happening below the surface at this point.

Thanks!

Follow the instructions. You are at "1.010 or less", and 5-7 days, so rack (step 2). It is important to get it under airlock in a carboy.
Wait 10 days, and then proceed with step 3.

Follow the instructions. You are at "1.010 or less", and 5-7 days, so rack (step 2). It is important to get it under airlock in a carboy.
Wait 10 days, and then proceed with step 3.
Thanks. The main reason I asked is the note that said that you need to stir the sediment back into suspension to aid in clearing. I didn't know if racking now would leave behind too much sediment.

I snapped down the lid so it is under airlock now. I'll rack it tonight and start my SP on the lees.

Thanks. The main reason I asked is the note that said that you need to stir the sediment back into suspension to aid in clearing. I didn't know if racking now would leave behind too much sediment.

I've done it both ways, and did not notice a difference. However, to follow the directions, you would stir, and then rack (don't leave behind the sediment).

Just bottled this last night. OMG is it good!! Just the right blend of sweet-tart.
I'm peeved that I didn't make the whole kit for myself :c

Just bottled this last night. OMG is it good!! Just the right blend of sweet-tart.
I'm peeved that I didn't make the whole kit for myself :c
That's great! Hopefully mine turns out well too.

How much peach flavor comes through? I racked mine to a carboy last night and took a sip and didn't taste any peach flavor at all. Hopefully it comes through once I add the f-pack.

Funny guys :)

It's definitely going to be in the top five for me. At least, it seems that way this early in the game. However, up against the peach apricot? I don't know...

Nah, I think the Peach apricot is still the best of the bunch. However, the Raspberry Peach is really nice.

So glad to hear it turned out good, the sangria is next in my line up for a quick drinker!

I degassed mine last night and added the f-pack. I was expecting to see a dark juice come out of the f-pack bag, but instead it looked like thick simple syrup. That was quite a surprise. It finished at 1.018.

The taste was great. Nice peach up front followed by the slightly tart raspberry. I'm really looking forward to getting this in bottles!

Has anyone made up a label for this one? I'm not creative in the least, so maybe I can draw some inspiration from others.

Last edited:
Can you post a pic of the final product....:p
Not yet. I'll get back to you in 14 days. :p

I used some terrible GIMP skills to create this. I don't know how to fix the edges where I had to delete some other fruit that was on the picture I started with, so I hit it with the blend tool until it looked halfway decent. Also, ignore the bar on the left. I can make that go away when printing.

sangria3.jpg

I bottled and broke some out for parties yesterday. It was a hit with everyone who tried it. The only thing I'd do differently if I do it again would be to move a little of the f-pack into primary. It was just a touch too sweet for me.

Sorry to bump an old thread, has anyone tried dumping half the f-pack to bump the SG in the primary, then use the rest to finish? I did this with the pineapple pear and turned out great, and not too sweet.

Latest posts

Back