Watermellon Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyB78

Reaction score
I just started a small batch of Watermellon Wine. I have been reading a little into this, and it seems I may have just wasted my time:slp. Heard alot of wierd stuff about making it, and also heard it rarely turns out any good. I started it obviously out of season so I had to use baby seedless melons, they were a little pricey but taste pretty decent. I did however add a little water, but used almost all fresh juice. I did keep the juice cool while in campden stage, now I have added yeast just today. Any advice, or have I already made mistakes. Just was hoping someone had some expierience or trial and error with this one. THanks

My dad made 5 gallons each yeah last 3 years first two was terrible. last one I didn't like but lot of other people did. he used all melon juice no water that I remember.

let it ferment on the cool side, do you have a basement, if so put it down there. Don't count this at a loss as of yet, you can still have a good wine. When I did mind I added some strawberries and made a strawmelon, that was very tasty.

Latest posts

Back