Waiting to Bottle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexPKeaton

Reaction score
So according to the instructions on our RJ Spagnols Grand Cru International Collection Chilean Malbec, today is day 35 - bottling day. However, I'm not feeling to well and probably not up to botting 30 bottles of wine today. Will it hurt the wine to just leave it in the carboy until next weekend? Thanks again for all of the help!

So according to the instructions on our RJ Spagnols Grand Cru International Collection Chilean Malbec, today is day 35 - bottling day. However, I'm not feeling to well and probably not up to botting 30 bottles of wine today. Will it hurt the wine to just leave it in the carboy until next weekend? Thanks again for all of the help!
Heck leave it till next month. This wine needs to age, so age it in the carboy.

Steve

You can wait no problem. If you have not added any K-metta yet do so. For a 23 liter batch add 1/4 tsp K-metta. Put the powder in a cup and melt with just enough hot water to melt the K-metta pour in and put your bung and airlock back on making sure your airlock is full. Get felling better soon.:b

I would bottle 4 bottles then go get a 5 gallon carboy from beer making store and age rest. Use the 4 bottles to judge how its aging. Its fun to see difference and gives you something to drink every 4 months. Do enough batches mlike this and you will always have something to drink while "good stuff" is aging

I would bottle 4 bottles then go get a 5 gallon carboy from beer making store and age rest.
Actually you might want to wait till you're not sick anymore, and get the carboy before bottling any.

Steve

Latest posts

Back