WineXpert Vintners Reserve Mezza Luna White

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCTitan

Junior
Reaction score
Decided on this one as my first kit as I have many people asking me to make a white. The kit looked quite intresting and a cross between two styles. Anyone make this kit before and your thoughts? Should be making it next week.

Last edited:
I am in the process of making a Mezza Luna Red using the same kit, should start tonight, still unclear about fermenting with a lid and air lock or no lid. Are your instructions unclear about this as well?

I am in the process of making a Mezza Luna Red using the same kit, should start tonight, still unclear about fermenting with a lid and air lock or no lid. Are your instructions unclear about this as well?
Cover the primary with SOMETHING. I use a loose fitting lid. The air-lock on lid is not necessary, but some prefer it.

Steve

Why mess around with would have, could have, or should have using plastic buckets. I do my primary ferments in a 6 1/2 gallon glass carboy with the proper air lock and transfer to a 6 gallon when the circumstances warrant topping off to the top.

I like to see what is going on during the ferment, as well as observe and measure co2 output as the ferment progresses. Also glass is easy to clean and keep sanitary. All brewing and wine making books stress sanitation as the key element in a successful product. Given that wine kits are not cheep why take any chances with your investment.

Related to mezza Luna white I started this week also. The kit includes f pack to be added during clearing. I don't like to steer away from instructions but I like dry wines will this addition make it noticeably sweet? According to we website the wine is off dry. Any suggestions on not adding f pack or should I have added it during fermentation to do away with added sugar later. Thanks for you input.

Related to mezza Luna white I started this week also. The kit includes f pack to be added during clearing. I don't like to steer away from instructions but I like dry wines will this addition make it noticeably sweet? According to we website the wine is off dry. Any suggestions on not adding f pack or should I have added it during fermentation to do away with added sugar later. Thanks for you input.

If you like dry wines then you should have paid more attention to the profile for this wine. While I have not made this wine I have made other WE with the F-pack. I don't know if all of them are the same. While the F-packs add sweetness if you read the various write ups say that they add different types of fruit and other type flavors to the wine.

If you skip the F-pack you would have a dryer wine, but you might also not get some of fruit or other flavor this wine might have. If I were you I would make the wine according to instructions add the F-pack and see what "Off Dry"
means to your taste. To me it means a hint of sweetness with some fruit body. This would help you make your next white wine selection.

I just bottled a Mesa Luna White about 3 months ago and everyone loves it, including my wife who is very picky about whites. She will only drink bone-dry whites (when she does) but loves this one. The F-pack adds more body and flavor than sweetness, but does add some.

When the time comes to add the F-pack, take a large sample sample and try it dry, then add a teaspoon or so of the F-pack to get a feel for how it changes the flavor. You could add all, half or none to suit your personal taste. IMHO I like dry wines too but added the whole F-pack. You won't be disappointed with this wine.

I just bottled a Mesa Luna White about 3 months ago and everyone loves it, including my wife who is very picky about whites. She will only drink bone-dry whites (when she does) but loves this one. The F-pack adds more body and flavor than sweetness, but does add some.

When the time comes to add the F-pack, take a large sample sample and try it dry, then add a teaspoon or so of the F-pack to get a feel for how it changes the flavor. You could add all, half or none to suit your personal taste. IMHO I like dry wines too but added the whole F-pack. You won't be disappointed with this wine.

hi i just started this kit and these were also my concerns
sounds good to me
cheers

Latest posts

Back