Mosti Mondiale Vinifera Noble

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprized that none of the kit companies makes this blend in their highest quality kits. Back in the 70's I was a member of a group in New York called Les Amis du Vin (The Friends of Wine) that met monthly in a high end restaurant's private room. We would have a multi-courwse meal with 4 wines. There was always someone knowledgable about the wines talking while we ate.

November was the "Huntsman's Dinner" with wild game for each course. The last course was venison with Chateauneuf du Pape. At the end someone asked, "With the Chateauneuf du Pape being so good why did we even bother with the other three wines?" The answer: "To quote Dr. Ruth, foreplay is essential."

Sometime next year I will make Mosti's All Juice Castel del Papa, but I wish they offered it in the Masters Edition or Meglioli.

That was a good one!

On a similar note, we are having Thanksgiving at our house this year with some friends and yesterday they went shopping at Whole Foods (aka Whole Paycheck) for the bird and some wine to go with it. I was thinking a Pinot Noir but low and behold she comes in with a VERY nice bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape! I guess the Pinot will be the foreplay for our dinner.
smiley36.gif

Peter, the wine editors for the Wall Street Journal belonged to that group. They have a nice way of writing about wine. Down to earth and not at all snooty about wine.

Mike, we have a Whole Foods Market here and yes, you can easily drop a bundle in that place before you know it.

Athough it's only 8 months old and still has a little of that green taste you can taste the fruit starting to come forward I think the oak is right on for this wine. I had half a glass left over and I let it set on the counter for about 3 hrs. I was surprised how much it changed in that amount of time.

I apologize for the rather lousy job of describing this wine. WHAT CAN I SAY i'm not to good with words

You didn't hear me anywhere say I was going to pour it out!!!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

BOB

Only 29 bottles? Must have sucked one down along the way. How was it?

All the time I hear people say " taste taste taste " and then someone had to go and notice one bottle missing!!!!

BOB
smiley4.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back