Mosti Mondiale Village Vintner Rose very slow fermenting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winegirl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I started my kit Sunday, Sept 29, SG 1078. It seems to be taking forever to ferment. Today, Oct 3 it is only down to 1072, but it is fizzing like a sun of a gun. I have it in the primary with lid on loose. I have stirred it up hoping to get it going a little better, temp is between 74F and 76F. Yeast was EC1118. I started yeast per pkg instructions in warm water, it was 40 degrees C - 104F (temperature gun in Celsius). A nice cap formed and everything which made it look like it was taking off nicely, but the gravity isn't dropping very quickly like all my other kits have. Should I add some energizer? The kit comes with a pack of nutrients, but instructions say not to add until gravity is at 1040.

Last edited:
I don't have Fermaid-K where I am, but I do have nutrient and energizer, is this the same thing?

Yeast nutrient is typically just diammonium phosphate (DAP), which provides a source of Nitrogen for the yeast. Yeast energizer is DAP, plus a number of other useful nutrients. Yeast energizer would be more similar to Fermaid K.

Thanks for the explanation bluedog (I like your avatar). I ended up adding a bit of both, energizer and nutrient, it fermented a bit better, it's now at 1044 and I added one more teaspoon of nutrient today. I don't want it to get stressed or stuck.

Back